Big Ten foes meet when the No. 13 Michigan State Spartans (16-4, 7-2 Big Ten) visit the Maryland Terrapins (11-10, 3-7 Big Ten) at Xfinity Center, tipping off at 7:00 PM ET on Tuesday, February 1, 2022. The Terrapins are 4.5-point underdogs in the game. The matchup has an over/under of 138.5 points.
Michigan State vs. Maryland Predictions
Michigan State vs. Maryland Betting Odds
|Michigan State||-4.5||138.5 points|
Michigan State vs. Maryland Last 10 Games
- Michigan State covered the spread six times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 8-2 record straight-up in those games.
- Michigan State and its opponents have combined to hit the over in seven of those 10 games.
- The last 10 Spartans games averaged 139.9 total points, 1.4 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Spartans have scored 1.3 more points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Maryland covered the spread five times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 4-6 record straight-up in those games.
- Maryland and its opponents have hit the over in six of the past 10 games.
- The past 10 Terrapins games averaged 0.7 fewer points (137.8) than this matchup’s point total.
- The Terrapins’ per-game scoring average across their last 10 games is 71, 0.9 points higher than their season-long per-game average.
Michigan State vs. Maryland Betting Trends
- Michigan State has put together a 12-7-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Spartans are 5-5 ATS when playing as at least 4.5-point favorites.
- This season, 10 of Michigan State’s games have gone over the point total out of 19 chances.
- The Spartans average 5.7 more points per game (74.7) than the Terrapins allow (69).
- When Michigan State scores more than 69 points, it is 10-4 against the spread and 14-1 overall.
- Maryland has covered the spread eight times over 21 games with a set spread.
- The Terrapins have an ATS record of 4-2 when playing as at least 4.5-point underdogs.
- Games involving Maryland have hit the over nine times this year.
- The Terrapins put up only 4.4 more points per game (70.1) than the Spartans give up (65.7).
- Maryland has put together an 8-6 ATS record and an 11-3 overall record in games it scores more than 65.7 points.
Michigan State vs. Maryland Over/Under Trends
- This season, Michigan State and its opponents have combined to outscore Tuesday’s total of 138.5 points 11 times.
- This season, nine of Maryland’s games have ended with a score higher than 138.5 points.
- The total for the game of 138.5 is 6.3 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Spartans (74.7 points per game) and the Terrapins (70.1 points per game).
- The 134.7 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 3.8 fewer than the 138.5 total in this contest.
- On average, the Spartans have seen a 139.7 over/under in their games this season, 1.2 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- Terrapins games have an over/under of 137.9 points this season, 0.6 points fewer than the total points bet for this game.
Michigan State Team Leaders
- Marcus Bingham: 9.1 PTS, 2.6 BLK, 56.3 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (4-for-14)
- Gabe Brown: 13.2 PTS, 42.3 FG%, 36.5 3PT% (42-for-115)
- Malik Hall: 10.1 PTS, 57.9 FG%, 55.3 3PT% (21-for-38)
- Max Christie: 9.9 PTS, 40.9 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (28-for-77)
- A.J Hoggard: 6.7 PTS, 45.3 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (4-for-14)
Maryland Team Leaders
- Eric Ayala: 15.8 PTS, 39.9 FG%, 36 3PT% (54-for-150)
- Fatts Russell: 13 PTS, 39.6 FG%, 31.3 3PT% (20-for-64)
- Donta Scott: 12.2 PTS, 42.5 FG%, 29.9 3PT% (26-for-87)
- Hakim Hart: 9.7 PTS, 1.6 STL, 51.1 FG%, 30.5 3PT% (18-for-59)
- Qudus Wahab: 8.6 PTS, 56.7 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.