The Western Illinois Leathernecks (13-8, 4-5 Summit) host the UMKC Kangaroos (10-9, 5-4 Summit) in a matchup of Summit teams at Western Hall, beginning at 7:00 PM ET on Monday, January 31, 2022. The Leathernecks are 5.5-point favorites in the game. The point total for the matchup is 140.5.
Western Illinois vs. UMKC Predictions
Western Illinois vs. UMKC Betting Odds
|Western Illinois||-5.5||140.5 points|
Western Illinois vs. UMKC Last 10 Games
- Western Illinois has a 4-6 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread three times in those games.
- The final score of the last 10 Western Illinois games has gone over the set total six times.
- The past 10 Leathernecks games averaged 14.2 more points (154.7) than this matchup’s over/under.
- In the last 10 games, the Leathernecks are scoring 2.3 points less per game compared to their season average.
- UMKC has a 5-5 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread three times in those games.
- UMKC and its opponents have combined to hit the over in four of the past 10 games.
- The past 10 Kangaroos games averaged 3.3 fewer points (137.2) than this matchup’s point total.
- Over their past 10 games, the Kangaroos have a 67.1 points-per-game average, two points below their season-long scoring average.
Western Illinois vs. UMKC Betting Trends
- Western Illinois is 10-9-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 5.5 points or more so far this season, the Leathernecks went 3-5 against the spread.
- This season, nine of Western Illinois’ games have gone over the point total out of 19 chances.
- The Leathernecks put up 79.9 points per game, 14.7 more points than the 65.2 the Kangaroos allow.
- Western Illinois is 10-9 against the spread and 13-8 overall when scoring more than 65.2 points.
- UMKC has put together a record of 6-12-0 against the spread this year.
- The Kangaroos are 1-3 ATS when playing as at least 5.5-point underdogs.
- This year, nine of UMKC’s games have gone over the point total out of 18 chances.
- The Kangaroos’ 69.1 points per game are 5.7 fewer points than the 74.8 the Leathernecks allow to opponents.
- UMKC is 2-1 against the spread and 5-0 overall when it scores more than 74.8 points.
Western Illinois vs. UMKC Over/Under Trends
- This season, Western Illinois and its opponents have combined to outscore Monday’s total of 140.5 points 15 times.
- Six of UMKC’s games finished with a combined score higher than 140.5 points this season.
- The point total for the game of 140.5 is 8.5 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Leathernecks (79.9 points per game) and the Kangaroos (69.1 points per game).
- This game’s point total is 0.5 fewer points than the 140 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- On average, the Leathernecks have seen a 151.7 over/under in their games this season, 11.2 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 6.9 points more than the average over/under in Kangaroos’ games this season (133.6 points).
Western Illinois Team Leaders
- Trenton Massner: 17.1 PTS, 1.8 STL, 45.5 FG%, 36.2 3PT% (38-for-105)
- Colton Sandage: 13.6 PTS, 1.2 STL, 43.5 FG%, 34.7 3PT% (43-for-124)
- Luka Barisic: 13.3 PTS, 41.1 FG%, 27.9 3PT% (34-for-122)
- Will Carius: 15.8 PTS, 38.7 FG%, 38.2 3PT% (63-for-165)
- Tamell Pearson: 9.8 PTS, 60 FG%
UMKC Team Leaders
- Marvin Nesbitt Jr.: 10.4 PTS, 1.4 STL, 44.8 FG%, 15.6 3PT% (5-for-32)
- Evan Gilyard: 14.9 PTS, 41.5 FG%, 36.6 3PT% (37-for-101)
- Anderson Kopp: 8.7 PTS, 42.3 FG%, 40.4 3PT% (36-for-89)
- Arkel Lamar: 13.4 PTS, 1.6 STL, 45.6 FG%, 31.7 3PT% (13-for-41)
- Shemarri Allen: 4.9 PTS, 50.8 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.