The Southern Illinois Salukis (10-11, 4-6 MVC) are at home in MVC action against the Valparaiso Beacons (10-11, 3-7 MVC) on Sunday, January 30, 2022 at 5:00 PM ET. The Salukis are favored by 6 points in the game. The matchup has a point total of 123.5.
Southern Illinois vs. Valparaiso Predictions
Southern Illinois vs. Valparaiso Betting Odds
|Southern Illinois||-6||123.5 points|
Southern Illinois vs. Valparaiso Last 10 Games
- Southern Illinois covered the spread nine times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 4-6 record straight-up in those games.
- Southern Illinois and its opponents have combined to hit the over in five of those 10 games.
- The last 10 Salukis games averaged 128.8 total points, 5.3 more points than this matchup’s point total.
- Over the past 10 games, the Salukis are scoring 0.3 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Valparaiso is 3-7 overall and 3-7-0 against the spread in its last 10 contests.
- The final scores of the last 10 Valparaiso games have gone over the set total seven times.
- The Beacons’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 134.2 points scored. That’s 10.7 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- During the past 10 games, the Beacons are scoring 66.1 points per game compared to their 72.1 season average.
Southern Illinois vs. Valparaiso Betting Trends
- Southern Illinois is 15-12-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 6 points or more so far this season, the Salukis went 5-2 against the spread.
- This season, Southern Illinois’ games have hit the over 10 times out of 28 chances.
- The 63 points per game the Salukis score are 7.2 fewer points than the Beacons allow (70.2).
- Southern Illinois is 5-1 against the spread and 5-1 overall when scoring more than 70.2 points.
- Valparaiso is 9-11-0 against the spread this year.
- The Beacons are 3-4 ATS when playing as at least 6-point underdogs.
- This season, 13 of Valparaiso’s games have gone over the point total out of 20 chances.
- The Beacons score an average of 72.1 points per game, 11.7 more points than the 60.4 the Salukis give up.
- When it scores more than 60.4 points, Valparaiso is 9-5 against the spread and 10-7 overall.
Southern Illinois vs. Valparaiso Over/Under Trends
- A total of 15 Southern Illinois games this season have gone over Sunday’s total of 123.5 points.
- This season, 18 of Valparaiso’s games have ended with a score higher than 123.5 points.
- The point total for the matchup of 123.5 is 11.6 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Salukis (63 points per game) and the Beacons (72.1 points per game).
- This game’s total is 7.1 fewer points than the 130.6 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- This season, the average total for Salukis games is 129.3 points, 5.8 more than the over/under of 123.5 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 10.3 points fewer than the average over/under in Beacons’ games this season (133.8 points).
Southern Illinois Team Leaders
- Marcus Domask: 15 PTS, 41.3 FG%, 35.9 3PT% (33-for-92)
- Lance Jones: 13.7 PTS, 1.9 STL, 42.5 FG%, 28.7 3PT% (33-for-115)
- Ben Coupet Jr.: 10.4 PTS, 42.9 FG%, 36 3PT% (31-for-86)
- Steven Verplancken Jr.: 7.6 PTS, 46 FG%, 43.5 3PT% (37-for-85)
- Dalton Banks: 4.3 PTS, 42.7 FG%, 24.1 3PT% (7-for-29)
Valparaiso Team Leaders
- Sheldon Edwards: 11 PTS, 1.3 STL, 39.6 FG%, 33.1 3PT% (41-for-124)
- Ben Krikke: 14.4 PTS, 55 FG%, 16.7 3PT% (3-for-18)
- Thomas Kithier: 8.9 PTS, 57 FG%
- Kevion Taylor: 11.4 PTS, 43.4 FG%, 39 3PT% (48-for-123)
- Trevor Anderson: 8.7 PTS, 45.5 FG%, 33.9 3PT% (20-for-59)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.