The New Mexico Lobos (8-13, 1-7 MWC) are heavy underdogs (+13.5) as they look to break a four-game road slide when they square off against the San Diego State Aztecs (11-5, 3-2 MWC) on Monday, January 31, 2022 at Viejas Arena at Aztec Bowl. The game airs at 10:00 PM ET. The point total for the matchup is set at 135.5.
San Diego State vs. New Mexico Predictions
San Diego State vs. New Mexico Betting Odds
|San Diego State||-13.5||135.5 points|
San Diego State vs. New Mexico Last 10 Games
- San Diego State covered the spread six times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 7-3 record straight-up in those games.
- San Diego State and its opponents have combined to hit the over in four of those 10 games.
- The last 10 Aztecs games averaged 128.5 total points, seven fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their last 10 games, the Aztecs have a points-per-game average one point above their season-long scoring average.
- New Mexico is 2-8 overall and 7-2-1 against the spread in its past 10 games.
- The final scores of the last 10 New Mexico games have gone over the set total five times.
- The past 10 Lobos games averaged 14.1 more points (149.6) than this matchup’s point total.
- During the past 10 games, the Lobos are scoring 72.7 points per game compared to their 77.2 season average.
San Diego State vs. New Mexico Betting Trends
- San Diego State is 8-8-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 13.5-point favorites or more, the Aztecs have an ATS record of 2-1.
- This season, five of San Diego State’s games have gone over the point total.
- The 64.2 points per game the Aztecs average are 13.6 fewer points than the Lobos give up (77.8).
- When San Diego State scores more than 77.8 points, it is 3-0 against the spread and 3-0 overall.
- New Mexico has covered the spread 13 times over 20 games with a set spread.
- The Lobos are a perfect 2-0 ATS when playing as at least 13.5-point underdogs.
- New Mexico games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 12 times out of 20 chances this season.
- The Lobos put up an average of 77.2 points per game, 19.8 more points than the 57.4 the Aztecs allow.
- When it scores more than 57.4 points, New Mexico is 13-4-2 against the spread and 8-12 overall.
San Diego State vs. New Mexico Over/Under Trends
- San Diego State and its opponents have not combined to hit the over on Monday’s total of 135.5 points this season.
- This season, 16 games New Mexico played finished with a combined score higher than 135.5 points.
- The Aztecs average 64.2 points per game against the Lobos’ 77.2, amounting to 5.9 points over the matchup’s total of 135.5.
- This matchup’s total is 0.3 fewer points than the 135.2 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- On average, the over/under in Aztecs games is 5.7 points fewer than the over/under of 135.5 points in this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is 12.8 points fewer than the average over/under in Lobos’ games this season (148.3 points).
San Diego State Team Leaders
- Matt Bradley: 16.1 PTS, 1.1 STL, 45.1 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (21-for-63)
- Nathan Mensah: 7.7 PTS, 7.4 REB, 2.3 BLK, 45.5 FG%
- Trey Pulliam: 8.9 PTS, 1.3 STL, 39.4 FG%, 35.5 3PT% (11-for-31)
- Keshad Johnson: 6.3 PTS, 51.3 FG%
- Lamont Butler: 7.3 PTS, 1.7 STL, 41.9 FG%, 41.4 3PT% (12-for-29)
New Mexico Team Leaders
- Jaelen House: 15.6 PTS, 5 AST, 1.9 STL, 41.2 FG%, 29 3PT% (29-for-100)
- Jamal Mashburn, Jr.: 18 PTS, 43.9 FG%, 34.3 3PT% (37-for-108)
- Jay Allen-Tovar: 7.9 PTS, 1.4 BLK, 47 FG%, 32.8 3PT% (19-for-58)
- Javonte Johnson: 8.9 PTS, 48.4 FG%, 47.9 3PT% (34-for-71)
- KJ Jenkins: 10.1 PTS, 39.3 FG%, 37.3 3PT% (44-for-118)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.