The Jackson State Tigers (4-15, 2-6 SWAC) and the Southern Jaguars (10-10, 6-2 SWAC) play in a game bookmakers have posted as a pick ’em at Williams Assembly Center on Monday, January 31, 2022 at 8:30 PM ET. The point total is set at 131.5 in the matchup.
Jackson State vs. Southern Predictions
Jackson State vs. Southern Betting Odds
|Pick ’em||–||131.5 points|
Jackson State vs. Southern Last 10 Games
- Jackson State is 2-8 overall and 4-6-0 against the spread in its last 10 contests.
- Jackson State and its opponents have hit the over in four of those 10 games.
- The Tigers’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 126 points scored. That’s 5.5 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over their past 10 games, the Tigers have a points-per-game average 1.7 points above their season-long scoring average.
- Southern is 6-4 overall and 7-3-0 against the spread over its last 10 contests.
- Southern’s last 10 contests saw five go over the total.
- The last 10 Jaguars games averaged 141 total points, 9.5 more points than this matchup’s point total.
- Over their last 10 games, the Jaguars have scored 1.1 more points per contest compared to their 70.1 PPG season-long scoring average.
Jackson State vs. Southern Betting Trends
- Jackson State has compiled a 10-9-0 record against the spread this season.
- Jackson State’s games have gone over the total eight times this season.
- The Tigers score eight fewer points per game (58.3) than the Jaguars give up (66.3).
- Jackson State has a 3-0 record against the spread and a 2-1 record overall when scoring more than 66.3 points.
- Southern has covered the spread 14 times over 20 games with a set spread.
- Games involving Southern have hit the over 10 times this season.
- The Jaguars’ 70.1 points per game are just 3.1 more points than the 67 the Tigers give up to opponents.
- Southern is 10-1 against the spread and 9-2 overall when it scores more than 67 points.
Jackson State vs. Southern Over/Under Trends
- This season, Jackson State games have seen a combined score higher than this game’s 131.5-point total eight times.
- A total of 16 of Southern’s games ended with a combined score higher than 131.5 points this season.
- The total for the contest of 131.5 is 3.1 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Tigers (58.3 points per game) and the Jaguars (70.1 points per game).
- The 133.3 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 1.8 more than the 131.5 over/under in this contest.
- This season the average total for Tigers games is 129.8 points, 1.7 fewer than the over/under of 131.5 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this game is 9.3 points fewer than the average over/under in Jaguars’ games this season (140.8 points).
Jackson State Team Leaders
- Jayveous McKinnis: 12.3 PTS, 10.3 REB, 1.3 STL, 3.3 BLK, 54.7 FG%
- Terence Lewis II: 5.8 PTS, 49.5 FG%
- Ken Evans: 5.3 PTS, 32 FG%, 34 3PT% (17-for-50)
- Jonas James: 6.8 PTS, 1.1 STL, 32.5 FG%, 23.1 3PT% (12-for-52)
- Chance Moore: 7.4 PTS, 30.1 FG%, 32 3PT% (16-for-50)
Southern Team Leaders
- Jayden Saddler: 11.9 PTS, 1.8 STL, 51.8 FG%
- Tyrone Lyons: 13.8 PTS, 1.7 STL, 1.1 BLK, 52.4 FG%, 51 3PT% (25-for-49)
- Brion Whitley: 11.6 PTS, 1.1 STL, 44 FG%, 37.2 3PT% (42-for-113)
- Terrell Williams Jr.: 9.2 PTS, 1.1 STL, 47.2 FG%, 36.2 3PT% (17-for-47)
- P.J. Byrd: 7.2 PTS, 1.3 STL, 38.8 FG%, 35.9 3PT% (14-for-39)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.