The Howard Bison (8-9, 2-2 MEAC) hit the road in MEAC play against the South Carolina State Bulldogs (10-11, 2-3 MEAC) on Monday, January 31, 2022 at 7:30 PM ET. The Bison are favored by 7 points in the game. The point total for the matchup is set at 150.5.
Howard vs. South Carolina State Predictions
Howard vs. South Carolina State Betting Odds
Howard vs. South Carolina State Last 10 Games
- Howard is 3-7 overall and 4-6-0 against the spread in its past 10 contests.
- Howard and its opponents have combined to hit the over in six of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Bison games averaged 1.9 fewer points (148.6) than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their last 10 games, the Bison have a points-per-game average 3.3 points below their season-long scoring average.
- South Carolina State is 6-4 overall and 4-5-0 against the spread over its last 10 contests.
- South Carolina State and its opponents have hit the over in four of the past 10 games.
- The last 10 Bulldogs games averaged 147.2 total points, 3.3 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- In the last 10 games, the Bulldogs are scoring 72.7 points per game compared to their 74 season average.
Howard vs. South Carolina State Betting Trends
- Howard has put together a 9-7-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Bison are a perfect 2-0 ATS when playing as at least 7-point favorites.
- This season, Howard’s games have hit the over nine times out of 16 chances.
- The Bison score 79.1 points per game, just 4.2 more points than the 74.9 the Bulldogs give up.
- Howard has a 6-2 record against the spread and an 8-2 record overall when scoring more than 74.9 points.
- South Carolina State has covered the spread nine times in 19 games with a set spread.
- In games this year when an underdog by 7 points or more, the Bulldogs have gone 6-4-1 against the spread.
- South Carolina State’s games have gone over the total nine times out of 20 chances this season.
- The Bulldogs score an average of 74 points per game, just 1.7 more points than the 72.3 the Bison allow.
- South Carolina State has put together a 4-3-1 ATS record and a 5-5 overall record in games it scores more than 72.3 points.
Howard vs. South Carolina State Over/Under Trends
- Howard and its opponents have combined to outscore Monday’s total (150.5 points) seven times this season.
- This season, eight of South Carolina State’s games have ended with a score higher than 150.5 points.
- The total for the contest of 150.5 is 2.6 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Bison (79.1 points per game) and the Bulldogs (74 points per game).
- The 147.2 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 3.3 fewer than the 150.5 total in this contest.
- This season the average total for Bison games is 147.8 points, 2.7 fewer than the over/under of 150.5 points for this contest.
- Bulldogs games have an over/under of 146.7 points this season, 3.8 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
Howard Team Leaders
- Elijah Hawkins: 13.1 PTS, 6 AST, 2.5 STL, 40.2 FG%, 29 3PT% (18-for-62)
- William Settle: 14.9 PTS, 1.5 STL, 51.4 FG%, 38.6 3PT% (17-for-44)
- Kyle Foster: 14.6 PTS, 50 FG%, 50.9 3PT% (55-for-108)
- Randy Brumant: 9.3 PTS, 1.2 BLK, 67.8 FG%, 66.7 3PT% (2-for-3)
- Tai Bibbs: 9.9 PTS, 41.4 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (19-for-57)
South Carolina State Team Leaders
- Antonio Madlock: 11.8 PTS, 1.6 STL, 39.8 FG%, 22.6 3PT% (12-for-53)
- Jemal Davis: 8.9 PTS, 1.2 BLK, 40.4 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (7-for-21)
- Deaquan Williams: 7.6 PTS, 48.8 FG%
- Cam Jones: 10.9 PTS, 38.5 FG%, 26.1 3PT% (12-for-46)
- Edward Oliver-Hampton: 7.8 PTS, 45.2 FG%, 46.2 3PT% (6-for-13)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.