The No. 14 Villanova Wildcats (15-5, 8-2 Big East) host the Saint John’s (NY) Red Storm (12-7, 3-4 Big East) in a matchup of Big East teams at The William B. Finneran Pavilion, starting at 4:30 PM ET on Saturday, January 29, 2022. The Red Storm are 13.5-point underdogs in the game. The matchup has an over/under set at 139.5 points.
Villanova vs. Saint John’s (NY) Predictions
Villanova vs. Saint John’s (NY) Betting Odds
Villanova vs. Saint John’s (NY) Last 10 Games
- Villanova has a 7-3 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- The final score of the last 10 Villanova games has surpassed the set total four times.
- The Wildcats’ past 10 outings have ended with an average of 134.7 points scored. That’s 4.8 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Wildcats have a points-per-game average 5.3 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Saint John’s (NY) is 5-5 overall and 3-7-0 against the spread over its last 10 contests.
- Saint John’s (NY)’s last 10 games saw five go over the total.
- The last 10 Red Storm games averaged 152.7 total points, 13.2 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Red Storm’s per-game scoring average across their last 10 games is 76.5, 0.3 points higher than their season-long per-game average.
Villanova vs. Saint John’s (NY) Betting Trends
- Villanova has covered the spread 11 times over 19 games with a set spread.
- In games they were favored in by 13.5 points or more so far this season, the Wildcats went 5-4 against the spread.
- Games involving Villanova have hit the over eight times out of 19 chances this season.
- The 72.5 points per game the Wildcats score are just 2.7 more points than the Red Storm give up (69.8).
- When Villanova totals more than 69.8 points, it is 8-5 against the spread and 12-2 overall.
- Saint John’s (NY) has gone 6-8-0 against the spread this season.
- This season, Saint John’s (NY)’s games have hit the over eight times out of 14 chances.
- The Red Storm put up an average of 76.2 points per game, 16.2 more points than the 60 the Wildcats allow to opponents.
- Saint John’s (NY) has put together a 6-7 ATS record and an 11-5 overall record in games it scores more than 60 points.
Villanova vs. Saint John’s (NY) Over/Under Trends
- Villanova and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (139.5 points) six times this season.
- There have been 13 Saint John’s (NY) games that have ended with a combined score higher than 139.5 points this season.
- The total for the game of 139.5 is 9.2 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Wildcats (72.5 points per game) and the Red Storm (76.2 points per game).
- The 129.8 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 9.7 fewer than the 139.5 total in this contest.
- This season the average total for Wildcats games is 137.1 points, 2.4 fewer than the over/under of 139.5 points for this contest.
- Red Storm’s games have a total points bet of 152.4 points this season, 12.9 points more than the over/under for this contest.
Villanova Team Leaders
- Collin Gillespie: 17.2 PTS, 1.3 STL, 45.7 FG%, 42.6 3PT% (66-for-155)
- Justin Moore: 15.9 PTS, 1.2 STL, 43 FG%, 39 3PT% (46-for-118)
- Jermaine Samuels: 10.5 PTS, 45.7 FG%, 25.5 3PT% (14-for-55)
- Eric Dixon: 9.1 PTS, 49.3 FG%, 53.3 3PT% (8-for-15)
- Brandon Slater: 8.3 PTS, 1.1 STL, 45.5 FG%, 31 3PT% (18-for-58)
Saint John’s (NY) Team Leaders
- Julian Champagnie: 19.5 PTS, 2 STL, 1.4 BLK, 42.7 FG%, 37.3 3PT% (41-for-110)
- Posh Alexander: 14.2 PTS, 2.4 STL, 49.7 FG%, 23.9 3PT% (11-for-46)
- Dylan Addae-Wusu: 9.7 PTS, 1.7 STL, 43.2 FG%, 40.4 3PT% (21-for-52)
- Montez Mathis: 9 PTS, 1.5 STL, 42.8 FG%, 28.1 3PT% (9-for-32)
- Joel Soriano: 5.9 PTS, 1.7 BLK, 50.6 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.