The UAB Blazers (17-4, 7-1 C-USA) are favored (-9.5) to extend a four-game winning streak when they visit the Marshall Thundering Herd (7-13, 0-7 C-USA) at 7:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 29, 2022 at Cam Henderson Center. The matchup’s over/under is set at 153.
UAB vs. Marshall Predictions
UAB vs. Marshall Betting Odds
UAB vs. Marshall Last 10 Games
- UAB is 8-2 overall and 6-3-1 against the spread in its past 10 contests.
- UAB and its opponents have hit the over in six of those 10 games.
- The Blazers’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 141.6 points scored. That’s 11.4 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their last 10 games, the Blazers have scored 2.4 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Marshall is winless against the spread over its past 10 games, and has a 0-10 straight-up record in those matchups.
- Marshall and its opponents have combined to hit the over in three of the past 10 games.
- The last 10 Thundering Herd games averaged 151.6 total points, 1.4 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over their past 10 games, the Thundering Herd have scored 8.2 fewer points per contest compared to their 75 PPG season-long scoring average.
UAB vs. Marshall Betting Trends
- UAB has covered the spread 13 times this season (13-5-1).
- The Blazers are 9-3 ATS when playing as at least 9.5-point favorites.
- UAB games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 11 times out of 19 chances this season.
- The Blazers put up just 4.2 more points per game (80.5) than the Thundering Herd allow (76.3).
- When UAB puts up more than 76.3 points, it is 9-2 against the spread and 12-1 overall.
- Marshall has covered the spread three times over 18 games with a set spread.
- The Thundering Herd have not covered a spread when they are at least 9.5-point underdogs (0-1).
- Games involving Marshall have hit the over eight times out of 18 chances this year.
- The Thundering Herd’s 75 points per game are 12 more points than the 63 the Blazers allow to opponents.
- Marshall has put together a 3-11 ATS record and a 7-9 overall record in games it scores more than 63 points.
UAB vs. Marshall Over/Under Trends
- This season, UAB games have seen a combined score higher than this matchup’s 153-point total six times.
- In Marshall’s 18 games this season, eight have finished with more combined scoring than Saturday’s point total of 153.
- The total for the matchup of 153 is 2.5 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Blazers (80.5 points per game) and the Thundering Herd (75 points per game).
- The 139.3 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 13.7 fewer than the 153 total in this contest.
- On average, the over/under in Blazers games is 11.6 points fewer than the over/under of 153 points in this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is 0.7 points more than the average over/under in Thundering Herd’s games this season (152.3 points).
UAB Team Leaders
- Jordan Walker: 18.1 PTS, 1.4 STL, 40.6 FG%, 42.8 3PT% (65-for-152)
- Quan Jackson: 11.3 PTS, 2.4 STL, 44.3 FG%, 21.6 3PT% (8-for-37)
- KJ Buffen: 10.3 PTS, 7.1 REB, 54.5 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (2-for-6)
- Trey Jemison: 7 PTS, 7.6 REB, 1.7 BLK, 60.6 FG%
- Tavin Lovan: 8.3 PTS, 1.4 STL, 46.6 FG%
Marshall Team Leaders
- Taevion Kinsey: 20.7 PTS, 42.3 FG%, 16.4 3PT% (11-for-67)
- Obinna Anochili-Killen: 12.4 PTS, 3.7 BLK, 50.3 FG%, 31.6 3PT% (18-for-57)
- Andrew Taylor: 12.7 PTS, 2.2 STL, 40.6 FG%, 30.1 3PT% (34-for-113)
- Darius George: 8.1 PTS, 53.8 FG%, 18.9 3PT% (7-for-37)
- David Early: 5.5 PTS, 32.4 FG%, 28 3PT% (21-for-75)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.