The No. 18 Tennessee Volunteers (14-5) are 2.5-point underdogs as they attempt to continue a three-game win streak when they visit the Texas Longhorns (15-5) on Saturday, January 29, 2022 at Frank C. Erwin Jr. Center. The game airs at 8:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at 125 points.
Texas vs. Tennessee Predictions
Texas vs. Tennessee Betting Odds
Texas vs. Tennessee Last 10 Games
- Texas covered the spread five times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 7-3 record straight-up in those games.
- Texas’ last 10 contests saw five hit the over.
- The Longhorns’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 125.7 points scored. That’s 0.7 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- In the last 10 games, the Longhorns are scoring 2.4 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Tennessee is 7-3 overall and 6-4-0 against the spread in its past 10 games.
- Tennessee’s last 10 outings saw four hit the over.
- The last 10 Volunteers games averaged 139.0 total points, 14.0 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- In the past 10 games, the Volunteers are scoring 72.9 points per game compared to their 74.6 season average.
Texas vs. Tennessee Betting Trends
- Texas has covered the spread in a game nine times this season (9-10-0).
- In games this season when favored by 2.5 points or more, the Longhorns have gone 9-9 against the spread.
- This season, eight of Texas’ games have gone over the point total out of 19 chances.
- The Longhorns average 6.4 more points per game (69.5) than the Volunteers allow (63.1).
- Texas is 9-5 against the spread and 11-3 overall when scoring more than 63.1 points.
- Tennessee is 11-8-0 against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 2.5-point underdogs or more, the Volunteers have an ATS record of 1-2.
- This season, eight of Tennessee’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Volunteers’ 74.6 points per game are 19.9 more points than the 54.7 the Longhorns give up to opponents.
- Tennessee has put together an 11-6 ATS record and a 14-3 overall record in games it scores more than 54.7 points.
Texas vs. Tennessee Over/Under Trends
- This season, Texas games have gone over this matchup’s 125-point total eight times.
- This season, 13 games Tennessee played finished with a combined score over 125 points.
- The over/under for the matchup of 125 is 19.1 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Longhorns (69.5 points per game) and the Volunteers (74.6 points per game).
- This matchup’s total is 7.2 fewer points than the 117.8 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- This season, the average total for Longhorns games is 131.6 points, 6.6 more than the over/under of 125 points for this contest.
- Volunteers’ games have a total points bet of 139.5 points this season, 14.5 points more than the over/under for this contest.
Texas Team Leaders
- Timmy Allen: 11.9 PTS, 1.4 STL, 53.6 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (4-for-14)
- Marcus Carr: 11.0 PTS, 1.1 STL, 39.0 FG%, 33.7 3PT% (28-for-83)
- Andrew Jones: 10.1 PTS, 1.4 STL, 41.9 FG%, 33.0 3PT% (29-for-88)
- Tre Mitchell: 9.2 PTS, 49.2 FG%, 35.1 3PT% (13-for-37)
- Courtney Ramey: 9.4 PTS, 42.9 FG%, 36.3 3PT% (29-for-80)
Tennessee Team Leaders
- Santiago Vescovi: 14.6 PTS, 1.8 STL, 43.9 FG%, 39.6 3PT% (59-for-149)
- Kennedy Chandler: 13.5 PTS, 2.2 STL, 43.9 FG%, 32.4 3PT% (22-for-68)
- Olivier Nkamhoua: 8.3 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 50.8 FG%, 44.0 3PT% (11-for-25)
- John Fulkerson: 7.6 PTS, 1.2 BLK, 53.1 FG%
- Josiah-Jordan James: 6.1 PTS, 1.3 STL, 32.4 FG%, 26.2 3PT% (22-for-84)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.