The Prairie View A&M Panthers (5-13, 4-4 SWAC) will try to continue a three-game win streak when they host the Texas Southern Tigers (7-10, 5-3 SWAC) on Saturday, January 29, 2022 at William J. Nicks Building as only 2.5-point underdogs. The game airs at 6:30 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 141.5.
Texas Southern vs. Prairie View A&M Predictions
Texas Southern vs. Prairie View A&M Betting Odds
|Texas Southern||-2.5||141.5 points|
Texas Southern vs. Prairie View A&M Last 10 Games
- Texas Southern has a 7-3 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- Texas Southern and its opponents have combined to hit the over in four of those 10 games.
- The last 10 Tigers games averaged 136.5 total points, five fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- The Tigers’ per-game scoring average over their last 10 games is 4.6 points higher than their season-long average.
- Prairie View A&M has a 5-5 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- Prairie View A&M’s last 10 contests saw five hit the over.
- The past 10 Panthers games averaged 3.1 more points (144.6) than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their last 10 games, the Panthers have scored 4.6 fewer points per contest compared to their 61.1 PPG season-long scoring average.
Texas Southern vs. Prairie View A&M Betting Trends
- Texas Southern has covered the spread 11 times this season (11-6-0).
- In games this season when favored by 2.5 points or more, the Tigers are 4-3 against the spread.
- Texas Southern games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under six times this season.
- The Tigers average 67.6 points per game, just 4.1 fewer points than the 71.7 the Panthers give up.
- Texas Southern is 3-2 against the spread and 4-1 overall when scoring more than 71.7 points.
- Prairie View A&M has gone 8-10-0 against the spread this year.
- In games this year when an underdog by 2.5 points or more, the Panthers have gone 6-7 against the spread.
- This year, Prairie View A&M’s games have hit the over 10 times.
- The Panthers average 5.2 fewer points per game (61.1) than the Tigers give up (66.3).
- Prairie View A&M is 6-3 against the spread and 4-5 overall when it scores more than 66.3 points.
Texas Southern vs. Prairie View A&M Over/Under Trends
- This season, six of Texas Southern’s 17 games have gone over Saturday’s over/under of 141.5 points.
- There have been nine Prairie View A&M games that have finished with a combined score higher than 141.5 points this season.
- The over/under for the contest of 141.5 is 12.8 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Tigers (67.6 points per game) and the Panthers (61.1 points per game).
- This matchup’s over/under is 3.5 fewer points than the 138 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- This season the average total for Tigers games is 138.1 points, 3.4 fewer than the over/under of 141.5 points for this contest.
- Panthers’ games have a total points bet of 143.6 points this season, 2.1 points more than the over/under for this game.
Texas Southern Team Leaders
- Brison Gresham: 7.3 PTS, 7.6 REB, 1.5 BLK, 63.4 FG%
- Joirdon Karl Nicholas: 9.6 PTS, 58.9 FG%
- John Walker III: 10.3 PTS, 45.6 FG%, 38.5 3PT% (10-for-26)
- PJ Henry: 10.1 PTS, 45 FG%, 44.9 3PT% (22-for-49)
- Jordan Gilliam: 4.8 PTS, 33.7 FG%, 35.5 3PT% (11-for-31)
Prairie View A&M Team Leaders
- Jawaun Daniels: 14.4 PTS, 45.7 FG%, 36.2 3PT% (21-for-58)
- William Douglas: 9.6 PTS, 41.6 FG%, 36.1 3PT% (13-for-36)
- Dewayne Cox: 7.3 PTS, 2.6 STL, 42.9 FG%, 40.9 3PT% (9-for-22)
- D’Rell Roberts: 10.9 PTS, 32.9 FG%, 31.7 3PT% (19-for-60)
- Jeremiah Gambrell: 8.8 PTS, 35.4 FG%, 36 3PT% (31-for-86)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.