The Eastern Illinois Panthers (3-17, 1-6 OVC) are 7.5-point underdogs as they look to stop a four-game home losing streak when they take on the Tennessee State Tigers (9-12, 4-5 OVC) on Saturday, January 29, 2022 at Lantz Arena. The matchup airs at 4:30 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at 128.5 points.
Tennessee State vs. Eastern Illinois Predictions
Tennessee State vs. Eastern Illinois Betting Odds
|Tennessee State||-7.5||128.5 points|
Tennessee State vs. Eastern Illinois Last 10 Games
- Tennessee State covered the spread five times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 4-6 record straight-up in those games.
- Tennessee State’s last 10 contests saw four go over the total.
- The past 10 Tigers games averaged 17 more points (145.5) than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Tigers’ per-game scoring average across their past 10 games is three points lower than their season-long average.
- Eastern Illinois has a 1-9 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- Eastern Illinois and its opponents have combined to hit the over in three of the past 10 games.
- The last 10 Panthers games averaged 133 total points, 4.5 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Panthers’ per-game scoring average across their past 10 games is 53.5, 2.3 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Tennessee State vs. Eastern Illinois Betting Trends
- Tennessee State has covered the spread eight times this season (8-10-1).
- The Tigers have an ATS record of 1-1 when playing as at least 7.5-point favorites.
- This season, nine of Tennessee State’s games have gone over the point total out of 19 chances.
- The 73.6 points per game the Tigers put up are only 1.6 more points than the Panthers allow (72).
- Tennessee State has a 5-5 record against the spread and a 7-5 record overall when scoring more than 72 points.
- Eastern Illinois has covered the spread six times over 18 games with a set spread.
- The Panthers have an ATS record of 4-8 when playing as at least 7.5-point underdogs.
- Eastern Illinois games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under three times out of 18 chances this year.
- The Panthers’ 55.8 points per game are 16.1 fewer points than the 71.9 the Tigers allow to opponents.
Tennessee State vs. Eastern Illinois Over/Under Trends
- Tennessee State and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (128.5 points) 13 times this season.
- Six of Eastern Illinois’ games ended with a combined score higher than 128.5 points this season.
- The over/under for the matchup of 128.5 is 0.9 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Tigers (73.6 points per game) and the Panthers (55.8 points per game).
- The 143.9 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 15.4 more than the 128.5 total in this contest.
- The Tigers have seen a 143.1 average over/under in their games this season, 14.6 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this game is five points fewer than the average over/under in Panthers’ games this season (133.5 points).
Tennessee State Team Leaders
- Kassim Nicholson: 11.2 PTS, 8.2 REB, 51.1 FG%, 28 3PT% (7-for-25)
- Carlos Marshall Jr.: 13.3 PTS, 42.9 FG%, 38.8 3PT% (38-for-98)
- Marcus Fitzgerald Jr.: 11.9 PTS, 40.8 FG%, 38.6 3PT% (32-for-83)
- Kenny Cooper: 6.8 PTS, 1.5 STL, 34.9 FG%, 44.1 3PT% (15-for-34)
- Dedric Boyd: 10.8 PTS, 44.2 FG%, 36 3PT% (41-for-114)
Eastern Illinois Team Leaders
- Kejuan Clements: 8.7 PTS, 37.6 FG%, 23.7 3PT% (14-for-59)
- Rodolfo Rufino Bolis: 6.1 PTS, 1.3 STL, 39.6 FG%, 25.9 3PT% (7-for-27)
- Paul Bizimana: 6.4 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 41.1 FG%, 29 3PT% (9-for-31)
- Kashawn Charles: 8.9 PTS, 35.3 FG%, 34.6 3PT% (27-for-78)
- CJ Lane: 7.6 PTS, 37.7 FG%, 33.8 3PT% (24-for-71)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.