The Richmond Spiders (13-7, 4-3 A-10) are favored (-3) to build on a three-game win streak when they host the VCU Rams (12-6, 5-2 A-10) at 4:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 29, 2022 at Robins Center. The matchup has a point total of 131.5.
Richmond vs. VCU Predictions
Richmond vs. VCU Betting Odds
Richmond vs. VCU Last 10 Games
- Richmond has a 7-3 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- Richmond and its opponents have hit the over in five of those 10 games.
- The Spiders’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 143.3 points scored. That’s 11.8 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Spiders have scored 0.4 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- VCU is 8-2 overall and 8-2-0 against the spread over its last 10 contests.
- VCU and its opponents have combined to hit the over in four of the past 10 games.
- The past 10 Rams games averaged 2.6 fewer points (128.9) than this matchup’s point total.
- During their last 10 games, the Rams have a 68.3 points-per-game average, 4.9 points above their season-long scoring average.
Richmond vs. VCU Betting Trends
- Richmond has registered a 10-10-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games this season when favored by 3 points or more, the Spiders are 6-6 against the spread.
- This season, Richmond’s games have hit the over 10 times.
- The Spiders put up 74.1 points per game, 15.4 more points than the 58.7 the Rams give up.
- When Richmond puts up more than 58.7 points, it is 10-9 against the spread and 13-6 overall.
- VCU has compiled a 12-6-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Rams are 6-1 ATS when playing as at least 3-point underdogs.
- Games involving VCU have hit the over seven times this season.
- The Rams put up 7.1 fewer points per game (63.4) than the Spiders give up (70.5).
- VCU is 3-0 against the spread and 3-0 overall when it scores more than 70.5 points.
Richmond vs. VCU Over/Under Trends
- This season, 15 of Richmond’s 20 games have gone over Saturday’s over/under of 131.5 points.
- This season, five of VCU’s games have finished with a combined score higher than 131.5 points.
- The point total for the contest of 131.5 is 6.0 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Spiders (74.1 points per game) and the Rams (63.4 points per game).
- This matchup’s over/under is 2.3 fewer points than the 129.2 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- This season, the average total for Spiders games is 143.6 points, 12.1 more than the over/under of 131.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 3.5 points separates this game’s over/under (131.5 points) and the average total points bet in Rams’ games (128 points) this season.
Richmond Team Leaders
- Jacob Gilyard: 12.4 PTS, 6.2 AST, 3.4 STL, 39.1 FG%, 32.8 3PT% (44-for-134)
- Tyler Burton: 16.7 PTS, 7.3 REB, 1.1 STL, 48.4 FG%, 41.2 3PT% (40-for-97)
- Grant Golden: 15.1 PTS, 51 FG%, 35 3PT% (21-for-60)
- Nathan Cayo: 8.6 PTS, 55.9 FG%
- Nick Sherod: 7.2 PTS, 32.9 FG%, 33.6 3PT% (36-for-107)
VCU Team Leaders
- Vince Williams: 12.4 PTS, 1.8 STL, 1.1 BLK, 43.3 FG%, 38 3PT% (38-for-100)
- Jayden Nunn: 9 PTS, 1.8 STL, 40 FG%, 32.7 3PT% (17-for-52)
- KeShawn Curry: 8.9 PTS, 1.2 STL, 45.3 FG%, 25.9 3PT% (7-for-27)
- Adrian Baldwin Jr.: 7.7 PTS, 2.4 STL, 42.7 FG%, 45.2 3PT% (14-for-31)
- Hason Ward: 5.1 PTS, 1.3 BLK, 45.5 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.