The Rice Owls (11-8, 4-4 C-USA) hit the road in C-USA action against the Southern Miss Golden Eagles (6-13, 1-5 C-USA) on Saturday, January 29, 2022 at 3:00 PM ET. The Owls are 5.5-point favorites in the game. The matchup has an over/under set at 141 points.
Rice vs. Southern Miss Predictions
Rice vs. Southern Miss Betting Odds
Rice vs. Southern Miss Last 10 Games
- Rice covered the spread five times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- Rice’s past 10 outings saw four go over the total.
- The past 10 Owls games averaged 6.7 more points (147.7) than this matchup’s over/under.
- Across their last 10 games, the Owls have scored 3.5 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Southern Miss has a 2-8 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Southern Miss games have surpassed the set total five times.
- The last 10 Golden Eagles games averaged 131.5 total points, 9.5 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their last 10 games, the Golden Eagles have a 58.5 points-per-game average, 4.5 points below their season-long scoring average.
Rice vs. Southern Miss Betting Trends
- Rice is 7-11-0 against the spread this season.
- The Owls have an ATS record of 4-3 when playing as at least 5.5-point favorites.
- Rice games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 11 times this season.
- The 75.8 points per game the Owls put up are 5.1 more points than the Golden Eagles give up (70.7).
- Rice is 7-4 against the spread and 10-2 overall when scoring more than 70.7 points.
- Southern Miss has registered a 7-10-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Golden Eagles have an ATS record of 3-8 when playing as at least 5.5-point underdogs.
- This season, nine of Southern Miss’ games have gone over the point total out of 17 chances.
- The Golden Eagles put up an average of 63 points per game, 11 fewer points than the 74 the Owls allow.
Rice vs. Southern Miss Over/Under Trends
- This season, Rice and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s over/under of 141 points 14 times.
- In Southern Miss’ 17 games this season, four have finished with more combined scoring than Saturday’s over/under of 141.
- The Owls average 75.8 points per game against the Golden Eagles’ 63, amounting to 2.2 points under the matchup’s over/under of 141.
- The 144.7 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 3.7 more than the 141 total in this contest.
- On average, the Owls have seen a 145.4 over/under in their games this season, 4.4 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- Golden Eagles games have an over/under of 133 points this season, eight points fewer than the total points bet for this game.
Rice Team Leaders
- Max Fiedler: 8.6 PTS, 8.1 REB, 57.3 FG%
- Carl Pierre: 15.1 PTS, 47.8 FG%, 43.8 3PT% (60-for-137)
- Travis Evee: 14.5 PTS, 48.4 FG%, 42.6 3PT% (52-for-122)
- Quincy Olivari: 9.5 PTS, 37.1 FG%, 30.2 3PT% (26-for-86)
- Chris Mullins: 9.3 PTS, 38.9 FG%, 30.3 3PT% (10-for-33)
Southern Miss Team Leaders
- Tyler Stevenson: 14.6 PTS, 8.1 REB, 1.2 BLK, 52.2 FG%
- Isaih Moore: 11.5 PTS, 56.8 FG%, 25 3PT% (7-for-28)
- DeAndre Pinckney: 8.1 PTS, 43.2 FG%, 29.1 3PT% (16-for-55)
- Jaron Pierre, Jr.: 8.6 PTS, 32.4 FG%, 31.6 3PT% (36-for-114)
- Walyn Napper: 5.2 PTS, 35.2 FG%, 32.1 3PT% (9-for-28)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.