The Notre Dame Fighting Irish (13-6, 6-2 ACC) host the Virginia Cavaliers (12-8, 6-4 ACC) after winning five straight home games. The Fighting Irish are favored by 4 points in the matchup, which starts at 6:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 29, 2022. The point total for the matchup is set at 124.5.
Notre Dame vs. Virginia Predictions
Notre Dame vs. Virginia Betting Odds
|Notre Dame||-4||124.5 points|
Notre Dame vs. Virginia Last 10 Games
- Notre Dame is 8-2 overall and 7-3-0 against the spread in its past 10 games.
- Notre Dame’s past 10 contests saw six hit the over.
- The Fighting Irish’s last 10 games have ended with an average of 138.6 points scored. That’s 14.1 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Fighting Irish have scored 4.0 more points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Virginia is 5-5 overall and 5-5-0 against the spread in its past 10 games.
- Virginia’s last 10 games saw four hit the over.
- The last 10 Cavaliers games averaged 124.1 total points, 0.4 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Cavaliers have scored 1.8 fewer points per contest compared to their 62.6 PPG season-long scoring average.
Notre Dame vs. Virginia Betting Trends
- Notre Dame has covered the spread nine times this season (9-10-0).
- In games this season when favored by 4 points or more, the Fighting Irish are 3-6 against the spread.
- This season, Notre Dame’s games have hit the over nine times.
- The 71.7 points per game the Fighting Irish put up are 12.3 more points than the Cavaliers allow (59.4).
- Notre Dame has a 9-7 record against the spread and a 13-3 record overall when putting up more than 59.4 points.
- Virginia is 8-11-0 against the spread this year.
- The Cavaliers have not covered a spread (0-2) when playing as at least 4-point underdogs.
- Virginia games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under eight times this season.
- The Cavaliers put up an average of 62.6 points per game, just 3.9 fewer points than the 66.5 the Fighting Irish give up to opponents.
- Virginia has put together a 3-2 ATS record and a 5-1 overall record in games it scores more than 66.5 points.
Notre Dame vs. Virginia Over/Under Trends
- Notre Dame and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s over/under of 124.5 points 16 times this season.
- This season, seven of Virginia’s games have ended with a score higher than 124.5 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 134.3 points per game, 9.8 points more than the over/under of 124.5 for this matchup.
- These two teams give up a combined 125.9 points per game, 1.4 more than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the Fighting Irish have seen a 137.5 over/under in their games this season, 13.0 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- A difference of 0.3 points separates this game’s over/under (124.5 points) and the average total points bet in Cavaliers’ games (124.2 points) this season.
Notre Dame Team Leaders
- Dane Goodwin: 15.3 PTS, 51.2 FG%, 48.9 3PT% (44-for-90)
- Blake Wesley: 15.0 PTS, 1.1 STL, 43.0 FG%, 32.4 3PT% (34-for-105)
- Paul Atkinson: 11.4 PTS, 61.2 FG%
- Nate Laszewski: 8.9 PTS, 7.5 REB, 49.6 FG%, 46.5 3PT% (33-for-71)
- Prentiss Hubb: 8.3 PTS, 34.4 FG%, 30.8 3PT% (28-for-91)
Virginia Team Leaders
- Reece Beekman: 8.0 PTS, 5.0 AST, 2.3 STL, 43.7 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (13-for-39)
- Jayden Gardner: 14.0 PTS, 52.1 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (3-for-9)
- Armaan Franklin: 12.2 PTS, 1.2 STL, 41.9 FG%, 25.7 3PT% (27-for-105)
- Kihei Clark: 9.2 PTS, 39.5 FG%, 38.8 3PT% (33-for-85)
- Kadin Shedrick: 6.5 PTS, 2.7 BLK, 58.5 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.