The Illinois State Redbirds (10-11, 3-5 MVC) are 9.5-point underdogs as they try to stop a five-game road slide when they visit the Northern Iowa Panthers (10-9, 6-3 MVC) on Saturday, January 29, 2022 at McLeod Center. The game airs at 2:00 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is set at 148.5.
Northern Iowa vs. Illinois State Predictions
Northern Iowa vs. Illinois State Betting Odds
|Northern Iowa||-9.5||148.5 points|
Northern Iowa vs. Illinois State Last 10 Games
- Northern Iowa covered the spread four times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 7-3 record straight-up in those games.
- The final score of the past 10 Northern Iowa games has surpassed the set total nine times.
- The Panthers’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 136.6 points scored. That’s 11.9 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- In the last 10 games, the Panthers are scoring 2.7 points more per game compared to their season average.
- Illinois State covered the spread eight times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 5-5 record straight-up in those games.
- Illinois State’s past 10 contests saw six hit the over.
- The last 10 Redbirds games averaged 142.2 total points, 6.3 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Redbirds’ per-game scoring average across their last 10 games is 77.4, 1.3 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Northern Iowa vs. Illinois State Betting Trends
- Northern Iowa has covered the spread six times in 18 games with a set spread.
- The Panthers have an ATS record of 1-3 when playing as at least 9.5-point favorites.
- Northern Iowa games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 12 times out of 18 chances this season.
- The 74.3 points per game the Panthers score are the same as the Redbirds allow.
- Northern Iowa has a 4-3 record against the spread and a 6-2 record overall when scoring more than 76.6 points.
- Illinois State has covered the spread in a matchup 10 times this year (10-9-1).
- In games they have played as 9.5-point underdogs or more, the Redbirds have an ATS record of 3-3.
- Games involving Illinois State have hit the over 14 times out of 20 chances this year.
- The Redbirds’ 78.7 points per game are 8.5 more points than the 70.2 the Panthers allow.
- Illinois State has put together a 10-4 ATS record and a 9-7 overall record in games it scores more than 70.2 points.
Northern Iowa vs. Illinois State Over/Under Trends
- This season, Northern Iowa games have hit the over on this matchup’s 148.5-point over/under eight times.
- This season, 14 of Illinois State’s games have ended with a score higher than 148.5 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 153 points per game, 4.5 points more than the over/under of 148.5 for this contest.
- These two teams surrender a combined 146.8 points per game, 1.7 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the over/under in Panthers games is 10.7 points fewer than the over/under of 148.5 points in this matchup.
- The over/under for this game is 5.9 points more than the average over/under in Redbirds’ games this season (142.6 points).
Northern Iowa Team Leaders
- AJ Green: 18.3 PTS, 39 FG%, 37 3PT% (54-for-146)
- Nate Heise: 10.4 PTS, 1.1 STL, 52.8 FG%, 42.9 3PT% (21-for-49)
- Noah Carter: 13.6 PTS, 50 FG%, 35.1 3PT% (27-for-77)
- Trae Berhow: 8.7 PTS, 41.5 FG%, 38.2 3PT% (34-for-89)
- Tywhon Pickford: 5 PTS, 46.1 FG%, 25 3PT% (6-for-24)
Illinois State Team Leaders
- Antonio Reeves: 20.5 PTS, 46.8 FG%, 40.3 3PT% (54-for-134)
- Sy Chatman: 13 PTS, 55.2 FG%
- Kendall Lewis: 9.9 PTS, 1.1 STL, 1.2 BLK, 51.4 FG%, 40.5 3PT% (17-for-42)
- Josiah Strong: 12 PTS, 44.2 FG%, 45.6 3PT% (57-for-125)
- Mark Freeman: 9.1 PTS, 1.2 STL, 38.9 FG%, 35.9 3PT% (14-for-39)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.