The North Carolina Tar Heels (14-6, 6-3 ACC) are favored (by 8.5 points) to build on a nine-game home win streak when they host the NC State Wolf Pack (10-11, 3-7 ACC) on Saturday, January 29, 2022 at 2:00 PM ET. The point total in the matchup is 150.
North Carolina vs. NC State Predictions
North Carolina vs. NC State Betting Odds
|North Carolina||-8.5||150 points|
North Carolina vs. NC State Last 10 Games
- North Carolina covered the spread five times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- North Carolina and its opponents have combined to hit the over in six of those 10 games.
- The last 10 Tar Heels games averaged 144 total points, six fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Tar Heels’ per-game scoring average over their past 10 games is 3.5 points lower than their season-long average.
- NC State is 4-6 overall and 4-6-0 against the spread over its past 10 contests.
- NC State’s last 10 outings saw five go over the total.
- The Wolf Pack’s last 10 outings have ended with an average of 142.3 points scored. That’s 7.7 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- In their last 10 games, the Wolf Pack have a 72 points-per-game average, 2.8 points below their season-long scoring average.
North Carolina vs. NC State Betting Trends
- North Carolina has put together an 8-12-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 8.5 points or more so far this season, the Tar Heels went 3-6 against the spread.
- This season, North Carolina’s games have hit the over 10 times.
- The Tar Heels put up 76.9 points per game, just 3.2 more points than the 73.7 the Wolf Pack allow.
- North Carolina has a 6-5 record against the spread and a 10-2 record overall when putting up more than 73.7 points.
- NC State has covered the spread six times in 21 games with a set spread.
- The Wolf Pack have an ATS record of 2-1 when playing as at least 8.5-point underdogs.
- Games involving NC State have hit the over 14 times out of 22 chances this year.
- The Wolf Pack’s 74.8 points per game are just 3.7 more points than the 71.1 the Tar Heels allow to opponents.
- NC State has put together a 5-6 ATS record and a 7-5 overall record in games it scores more than 71.1 points.
North Carolina vs. NC State Over/Under Trends
- North Carolina and its opponents have combined to go over Saturday’s total of 150 points 10 times this season.
- There have been 10 NC State games that have finished with a combined score higher than 150 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 151.7 points per game, 1.7 points more than the point total of 150 for this matchup.
- The 144.8 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 5.2 fewer than the 150 total in this contest.
- The Tar Heels have seen a 148.7 average over/under in their games this season, 1.3 points fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this game is 7.3 points more than the average over/under in Wolf Pack’s games this season (142.7 points).
North Carolina Team Leaders
- Armando Bacot: 16.3 PTS, 12 REB, 1.4 BLK, 57.8 FG%
- Caleb Love: 15 PTS, 1.2 STL, 40.3 FG%, 41.9 3PT% (44-for-105)
- RJ Davis: 13.5 PTS, 46.2 FG%, 40.2 3PT% (33-for-82)
- Brady Manek: 12.8 PTS, 46.6 FG%, 36.7 3PT% (40-for-109)
- Dawson Garcia: 7.6 PTS, 40.5 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (12-for-32)
NC State Team Leaders
- Dereon Seabron: 19 PTS, 9.1 REB, 1.5 STL, 53.5 FG%, 24.2 3PT% (8-for-33)
- Jericole Hellems: 14.5 PTS, 1.5 STL, 43 FG%, 41.8 3PT% (46-for-110)
- Terquavion Smith: 14.4 PTS, 1.4 STL, 40.2 FG%, 35.7 3PT% (56-for-157)
- Cam Hayes: 8 PTS, 33.7 FG%, 21.9 3PT% (16-for-73)
- Ebenezer Dowuona: 4.2 PTS, 1.9 BLK, 53.7 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.