The Nicholls State Colonels (12-9, 2-2 Southland) visit the Houston Baptist Huskies (6-11, 2-2 Southland) in a matchup of Southland teams at Sharp Gymnasium, tipping off at 8:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 29, 2022. The Huskies are 9.5-point underdogs in the game. The matchup’s over/under is set at 146.5.
Nicholls State vs. Houston Baptist Predictions
Nicholls State vs. Houston Baptist Betting Odds
|Nicholls State||-9.5||146.5 points|
Nicholls State vs. Houston Baptist Last 10 Games
- Nicholls State covered the spread five times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 4-6 record straight-up in those games.
- Nicholls State and its opponents have combined to hit the over in six of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Colonels games averaged 3.1 more points (149.6) than this matchup’s over/under.
- Across their last 10 games, the Colonels have scored 0.9 more points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Houston Baptist covered the spread four times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 2-8 record straight-up in those games.
- Houston Baptist and its opponents have combined to hit the over in five of the past 10 games.
- The past 10 Huskies games averaged 1.9 fewer points (144.6) than this matchup’s point total.
- Over their past 10 games, the Huskies have a 66.2 points-per-game average, 5.0 points below their season-long scoring average.
Nicholls State vs. Houston Baptist Betting Trends
- Nicholls State has compiled an 8-8-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Colonels have an ATS record of 2-2 when playing as at least 9.5-point favorites.
- Games involving Nicholls State have hit the over nine times out of 16 chances this season.
- The Colonels score 7.6 more points per game (79.8) than the Huskies allow (72.2).
- When Nicholls State puts up more than 72.2 points, it is 3-2 against the spread and 8-2 overall.
- Houston Baptist has covered the spread four times in 13 games with a set spread.
- The Huskies have an ATS record of 3-4 when playing as at least 9.5-point underdogs.
- This season, Houston Baptist’s games have hit the over five times out of 13 chances.
- The Huskies score just 0.5 fewer points per game (71.2) than the Colonels allow (71.7).
- Houston Baptist has put together a 2-1 ATS record and a 5-2 overall record in games it scores more than 71.7 points.
Nicholls State vs. Houston Baptist Over/Under Trends
- Nicholls State and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s over/under (146.5 points) eight times this season.
- There have been five Houston Baptist games that have ended with a combined score higher than 146.5 points this season.
- The Colonels average 79.8 points per game against the Huskies’ 71.2, totaling 4.5 points over the game’s total of 146.5.
- The 143.9 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 2.6 fewer than the 146.5 total in this contest.
- On average, the Colonels have seen a 146.8 over/under in their games this season, 0.3 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- Huskies games have an over/under of 144.5 points this season, 2.0 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
Nicholls State Team Leaders
- Jitaurious Gordon: 20.4 PTS, 1.5 STL, 47.2 FG%, 40.0 3PT% (64-for-160)
- Pierce Spencer: 9.8 PTS, 1.6 STL, 41.8 FG%, 33.8 3PT% (27-for-80)
- Devante Carter: 12.4 PTS, 2.2 STL, 45.9 FG%, 18.4 3PT% (7-for-38)
- Ryghe Lyons: 6.8 PTS, 1.9 BLK, 49.6 FG%, 31.6 3PT% (6-for-19)
- Latrell Jones: 9.8 PTS, 47.3 FG%, 33.8 3PT% (26-for-77)
Houston Baptist Team Leaders
- Darius Lee: 14.9 PTS, 8.7 REB, 1.9 STL, 56.2 FG%, 26.1 3PT% (6-for-23)
- Brycen Long: 9.2 PTS, 1.2 STL, 40.8 FG%, 36.3 3PT% (29-for-80)
- Sam Hofman: 8.4 PTS, 49.1 FG%, 40.0 3PT% (22-for-55)
- Zion Tordoff: 7.3 PTS, 59.0 FG%
- Jade Tse: 8.0 PTS, 39.1 FG%, 35.0 3PT% (7-for-20)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.