The Michigan Wolverines (10-7, 4-3 Big Ten) are underdogs (+4.5) in their attempt to build on a three-game win streak when they visit the No. 10 Michigan State Spartans (15-4, 6-2 Big Ten) at 12:30 PM ET on Saturday, January 29, 2022 at Jack Breslin Students Events Center. The over/under is 138.5 for the matchup.
Michigan State vs. Michigan Predictions
Michigan State vs. Michigan Betting Odds
|Michigan State||-4.5||138.5 points|
Michigan State vs. Michigan Last 10 Games
- Michigan State covered the spread six times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 8-2 record straight-up in those games.
- The final score of the past 10 Michigan State games has surpassed the set total seven times.
- The Spartans’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 139.6 points scored. That’s 1.1 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Spartans’ per-game scoring average over their last 10 games is 0.9 points higher than their season-long average.
- Michigan is 6-4 overall and 5-5-0 against the spread in its past 10 contests.
- Michigan’s past 10 contests saw seven hit the over.
- The last 10 Wolverines games averaged 138.6 total points, 0.1 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- In their past 10 games, the Wolverines have a 73.6 points-per-game average, 1.0 point above their season-long scoring average.
Michigan State vs. Michigan Betting Trends
- Michigan State has covered the spread 11 times over 18 games with a set spread.
- In games they have played as 4.5-point favorites or more, the Spartans have an ATS record of 5-5.
- Michigan State games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under nine times out of 18 chances this season.
- The Spartans put up 7.7 more points per game (74.3) than the Wolverines give up (66.6).
- When Michigan State scores more than 66.6 points, it is 9-4 against the spread and 13-1 overall.
- Michigan has put together a 7-9-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Wolverines are winless against the spread when they have played as 4.5-point underdogs or more (0-1).
- This season, Michigan’s games have hit the over eight times out of 16 chances.
- The Wolverines score an average of 72.6 points per game, 7.0 more points than the 65.6 the Spartans give up.
- When it scores more than 65.6 points, Michigan is 7-3 against the spread and 9-2 overall.
Michigan State vs. Michigan Over/Under Trends
- A total of 10 Michigan State games this season have gone over Saturday’s total of 138.5 points.
- In Michigan’s 16 games this season, eight have finished with more combined scoring than Saturday’s total of 138.5.
- The total for the contest of 138.5 is 8.4 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Spartans (74.3 points per game) and the Wolverines (72.6 points per game).
- These two teams give up a combined 132.2 points per game, 6.3 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- This season, the average total for Spartans games is 139.8 points, 1.3 more than the over/under of 138.5 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this game is 1.0 point fewer than the average over/under in Wolverines’ games this season (139.5 points).
Michigan State Team Leaders
- Marcus Bingham: 9.3 PTS, 2.5 BLK, 56.6 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (4-for-12)
- Gabe Brown: 13.4 PTS, 42.0 FG%, 36.9 3PT% (41-for-111)
- Malik Hall: 9.8 PTS, 59.5 FG%, 54.3 3PT% (19-for-35)
- Tyson Walker: 7.2 PTS, 5.1 AST, 1.3 STL, 40.2 FG%, 53.3 3PT% (16-for-30)
- Max Christie: 9.5 PTS, 39.7 FG%, 34.2 3PT% (25-for-73)
Michigan Team Leaders
- Hunter Dickinson: 16.5 PTS, 8.4 REB, 60.6 FG%, 39.1 3PT% (9-for-23)
- Eli Brooks: 11.5 PTS, 1.2 STL, 42.4 FG%, 38.4 3PT% (28-for-73)
- DeVante Jones: 8.8 PTS, 47.1 FG%, 45.5 3PT% (15-for-33)
- Caleb: 10.7 PTS, 41.4 FG%, 36.9 3PT% (31-for-84)
- Moussa Diabate: 9.1 PTS, 55.6 FG%, 30.0 3PT% (3-for-10)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.