The Northwestern Wildcats (9-9, 2-7 Big Ten) host the No. 24 Illinois Fighting Illini (14-5, 7-2 Big Ten) after losing four straight home games. The Fighting Illini are favored by just 3 points in the contest, which starts at 4:30 PM ET on Saturday, January 29, 2022. The point total for the matchup is set at 140.5.
Illinois vs. Northwestern Predictions
Illinois vs. Northwestern Betting Odds
Illinois vs. Northwestern Last 10 Games
- Illinois is 7-3 overall and 5-5-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- The final score of the last 10 Illinois games has exceeded the set total six times.
- The last 10 Fighting Illini games averaged 144.4 total points, 3.9 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- In their last 10 games, the Fighting Illini have a points-per-game average 0.2 points above their season-long scoring average.
- Northwestern has a 3-7 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread three times in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Northwestern games have gone over the set total seven times.
- The last 10 Wildcats games averaged 140.3 total points, 0.2 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Wildcats have a 72.1 points-per-game average, 4.1 points below their season-long scoring average.
Illinois vs. Northwestern Betting Trends
- Illinois has registered a 9-10-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 3 points or more so far this season, the Fighting Illini went 8-7 against the spread.
- Games involving Illinois have hit the over 12 times this season.
- The 78.1 points per game the Fighting Illini record are 9.2 more points than the Wildcats allow (68.9).
- Illinois is 8-6 against the spread and 12-2 overall when scoring more than 68.9 points.
- Northwestern has put together a record of 8-10-0 against the spread this year.
- In games this year when an underdog by 3 points or more, the Wildcats have gone 3-3 against the spread.
- Northwestern games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 12 times this year.
- The Wildcats score an average of 76.2 points per game, 9.9 more points than the 66.3 the Fighting Illini allow.
- Northwestern is 6-8 against the spread and 8-8 overall when it scores more than 66.3 points.
Illinois vs. Northwestern Over/Under Trends
- This season, 10 of Illinois’ 19 games have gone over Saturday’s over/under of 140.5 points.
- A total of 10 of Northwestern’s games finished with a combined score over 140.5 points this season.
- The over/under for the matchup of 140.5 is 13.8 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Fighting Illini (78.1 points per game) and the Wildcats (76.2 points per game).
- This matchup’s point total is 5.3 fewer points than the 135.2 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- On average, the Fighting Illini have seen a 142.7 over/under in their games this season, 2.2 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 0.3 points more than the average over/under in Wildcats’ games this season (140.2 points).
Illinois Team Leaders
- Kofi Cockburn: 17.4 PTS, 9.7 REB, 58.9 FG%
- Trent Frazier: 12.1 PTS, 1.3 STL, 42.2 FG%, 35.3 3PT% (42-for-119)
- Alfonso Plummer: 16.2 PTS, 45 FG%, 41.4 3PT% (60-for-145)
- Jacob Grandison: 10.6 PTS, 48 FG%, 44.2 3PT% (38-for-86)
- Da’Monte Williams: 3.8 PTS, 27.9 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (14-for-42)
Northwestern Team Leaders
- Pete Nance: 16 PTS, 7.2 REB, 1.3 BLK, 50.7 FG%, 43.1 3PT% (22-for-51)
- Boo Buie: 14.9 PTS, 5.3 AST, 39.7 FG%, 35.7 3PT% (40-for-112)
- Ryan Young: 10.1 PTS, 57.4 FG%
- Robbie Beran: 6.8 PTS, 48.5 FG%, 35.4 3PT% (17-for-48)
- Chase Audige: 7.3 PTS, 1.1 STL, 38.3 FG%, 24.5 3PT% (12-for-49)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.