The No. 2 Gonzaga Bulldogs (16-2, 5-0 WCC) are heavily favored (by 32.5 points) to build on a seven-game home winning streak when they host the Portland Pilots (11-9, 2-3 WCC) on Saturday, January 29, 2022 at 9:00 PM ET. The point total in the matchup is set at 157.5.
Gonzaga vs. Portland Predictions
Gonzaga vs. Portland Betting Odds
Gonzaga vs. Portland Last 10 Games
- Gonzaga covered the spread six times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 9-1 record straight-up in those games.
- Gonzaga’s past 10 contests saw four hit the over.
- The Bulldogs’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 152.4 points scored. That’s 5.1 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- Across their past 10 games, the Bulldogs have scored 2.3 more points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Portland covered the spread six times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 4-6 record straight-up in those games.
- Portland and its opponents have combined to hit the over in three of the past 10 games.
- The past 10 Pilots games averaged 15.0 fewer points (142.5) than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Pilots have a 68.3 points-per-game average, 4.5 points below their season-long scoring average.
Gonzaga vs. Portland Betting Trends
- Gonzaga has gone 10-8-1 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 32.5-point favorites or more, the Bulldogs have an ATS record of 2-4.
- Gonzaga games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under eight times out of 19 chances this season.
- The Bulldogs score 90.1 points per game, 19.2 more points than the 70.9 the Pilots give up.
- Gonzaga has an 8-6-1 record against the spread and a 14-2 record overall when scoring more than 70.9 points.
- Portland is 12-7-0 against the spread this season.
- This season, six of Portland’s games have gone over the point total out of 19 chances.
- The Pilots’ 72.8 points per game are 7.2 more points than the 65.6 the Bulldogs allow to opponents.
- Portland has put together a 6-5 ATS record and an 8-4 overall record in games it scores more than 65.6 points.
Gonzaga vs. Portland Over/Under Trends
- This season, Gonzaga and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s total of 157.5 points eight times.
- In Portland’s 19 games this season, four have finished with more combined scoring than Saturday’s total of 157.5.
- The Bulldogs average 90.1 points per game against the Pilots’ 72.8, totaling 5.4 points over the game’s over/under of 157.5.
- This matchup’s over/under is 21.0 fewer points than the 136.5 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- This season the average total for Bulldogs games is 153.5 points, 4.0 fewer than the over/under of 157.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 13.0 points separates this game’s over/under (157.5 points) and the average total points bet in Pilots’ games (144.5 points) this season.
Gonzaga Team Leaders
- Chet Holmgren: 14.1 PTS, 8.6 REB, 3.2 BLK, 63.2 FG%, 43.1 3PT% (22-for-51)
- Drew Timme: 18.2 PTS, 63.1 FG%, 25.0 3PT% (4-for-16)
- Andrew Nembhard: 9.5 PTS, 5.3 AST, 1.7 STL, 44.5 FG%, 35.8 3PT% (24-for-67)
- Julian Strawther: 12.4 PTS, 51.2 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (33-for-88)
- Anton Watson: 7.9 PTS, 1.5 STL, 56.5 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (4-for-14)
Portland Team Leaders
- Tyler Robertson: 13.9 PTS, 1.2 STL, 36.7 FG%, 31.5 3PT% (34-for-108)
- Chris Austin: 14.5 PTS, 43.0 FG%, 34.5 3PT% (29-for-84)
- Moses Wood: 14.3 PTS, 50.9 FG%, 46.3 3PT% (38-for-82)
- Michael Meadows: 10.7 PTS, 1.1 STL, 39.2 FG%, 32.3 3PT% (21-for-65)
- Chika Nduka: 7.1 PTS, 56.3 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (3-for-8)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.