The Hampton Pirates (5-12, 1-5 Big South) visit the Charleston Southern Buccaneers (4-15, 1-6 Big South) after losing five road games in a row. The Buccaneers are favored by only 1.5 points in the matchup, which begins at 5:30 PM ET on Saturday, January 29, 2022. The point total is set at 132.5 for the matchup.
Charleston Southern vs. Hampton Predictions
Charleston Southern vs. Hampton Betting Odds
|Charleston Southern||-1.5||132.5 points|
Charleston Southern vs. Hampton Last 10 Games
- Charleston Southern is 1-9 overall and 4-6-0 against the spread over its last 10 contests.
- Charleston Southern and its opponents have combined to hit the over in three of those 10 games.
- The last 10 Buccaneers games averaged 143.9 total points, 11.4 more points than this matchup’s point total.
- During their past 10 games, the Buccaneers have a points-per-game average 5.3 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Hampton has a 3-7 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- Hampton’s last 10 contests saw three go over the total.
- The Pirates’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 133.8 points scored. That’s 1.3 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over their past 10 games, the Pirates have scored 3.9 fewer points per contest compared to their 60.8 PPG season-long scoring average.
Charleston Southern vs. Hampton Betting Trends
- Charleston Southern has put together a 7-12-0 record against the spread this season.
- This season, Charleston Southern’s games have hit the over nine times.
- The Buccaneers average only 2.4 more points per game (68.5) than the Pirates give up (66.1).
- When Charleston Southern puts up more than 66.1 points, it is 3-2 against the spread and 3-4 overall.
- Hampton has covered the spread in a game seven times this season (7-9-0).
- The Pirates have an ATS record of 7-9 when playing as at least 1.5-point underdogs.
- This season, Hampton’s games have hit the over five times.
- The Pirates’ 60.8 points per game are 16.5 fewer points than the 77.3 the Buccaneers allow.
Charleston Southern vs. Hampton Over/Under Trends
- A total of 14 Charleston Southern games this season have gone over Saturday’s total of 132.5 points.
- Five of Hampton’s games finished with a combined score higher than 132.5 points this season.
- The total for the game of 132.5 is 3.2 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Buccaneers (68.5 points per game) and the Pirates (60.8 points per game).
- These two teams surrender a combined 143.4 points per game, 10.9 more than this contest’s over/under.
- The Buccaneers have seen a 141.8 average over/under in their games this season, 9.3 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- Pirates’ games have a total points bet of 135.9 points this season, 3.4 points more than the over/under for this game.
Charleston Southern Team Leaders
- Tahlik Chavez: 11.6 PTS, 1.3 STL, 38.7 FG%, 36.8 3PT% (56-for-152)
- Claudell Harris Jr.: 9.4 PTS, 36.2 FG%, 25.6 3PT% (20-for-78)
- Cheikh Faye: 7.7 PTS, 1.1 STL, 35.3 FG%, 23.3 3PT% (20-for-86)
- Deontaye Buskey: 8.3 PTS, 29 FG%, 23.4 3PT% (26-for-111)
- Taje’ Kelly: 7.9 PTS, 58 FG%
Hampton Team Leaders
- Najee Garvin: 15.4 PTS, 39.9 FG%, 18.4 3PT% (7-for-38)
- Russell Dean: 12.5 PTS, 1.1 STL, 32.8 FG%, 29.9 3PT% (20-for-67)
- Deangelo Epps: 5.8 PTS, 44.7 FG%, 31 3PT% (9-for-29)
- Dajour Dickens: 4.3 PTS, 2 BLK, 52.1 FG%
- Marquis Godwin: 6.9 PTS, 35.1 FG%, 34.9 3PT% (29-for-83)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.