The Western Michigan Broncos (4-15, 0-8 MAC) are underdogs (+9) as they try to break a nine-game losing streak when they visit the Ball State Cardinals (9-10, 4-4 MAC) at 3:30 PM ET on Saturday, January 29, 2022 at John E. Worthen Arena. The matchup’s over/under is set at 146.5.
Ball State vs. Western Michigan Predictions
Ball State vs. Western Michigan Betting Odds
|Ball State||-9||146.5 points|
Ball State vs. Western Michigan Last 10 Games
- Ball State has a 5-5 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread eight times in those games.
- The final combined score of the past 10 Cardinals games has surpassed the set total twice.
- The past 10 Cardinals games averaged 2.3 more points (148.8) than this matchup’s point total.
- During the past 10 games, the Cardinals are scoring 0.5 points more per game compared to their season average.
- Western Michigan covered the spread four times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 0-10 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Western Michigan games have gone over the set total five times.
- The Broncos’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 140.5 points scored. That’s six fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Broncos’ per-game scoring average during their last 10 games is 63.6, 2.2 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Ball State vs. Western Michigan Betting Trends
- Ball State has covered the spread 10 times this season (10-10-0).
- In games they have played as 9-point favorites or more, the Cardinals have an ATS record of 1-1.
- Games involving Ball State have hit the over eight times out of 20 chances this season.
- The 74.2 points per game the Cardinals score are the same as the Broncos allow.
- When Ball State totals more than 77.7 points, it is 5-1 against the spread and 6-1 overall.
- Western Michigan is 7-8-1 against the spread this season.
- The Broncos are 5-5-1 ATS when playing as at least 9-point underdogs.
- This year, Western Michigan’s games have hit the over 10 times out of 17 chances.
- The Broncos score an average of 65.8 points per game, 10.4 fewer points than the 76.2 the Cardinals allow to opponents.
- Western Michigan has put together a 2-1 ATS record and a 2-1 overall record in games it scores more than 76.2 points.
Ball State vs. Western Michigan Over/Under Trends
- This season, 11 of Ball State’s 20 games have gone over Saturday’s total of 146.5 points.
- There have been eight Western Michigan games that have ended with a combined score over 146.5 points this season.
- The total for the game of 146.5 is 6.5 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Cardinals (74.2 points per game) and the Broncos (65.8 points per game).
- These two teams surrender a combined 153.9 points per game, 7.4 more than this contest’s over/under.
- This season, the average total for Cardinals games is 147.9 points, 1.4 more than the over/under of 146.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 5.2 points separates this contest’s over/under (146.5 points) and the average total points bet in Broncos’ games (141.3 points) this season.
Ball State Team Leaders
- Tyler Cochran: 12.5 PTS, 1.8 STL, 48.1 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (15-for-45)
- Payton Sparks: 12.5 PTS, 7.4 REB, 54.4 FG%
- Luke Bumbalough: 11.6 PTS, 38.3 FG%, 36.6 3PT% (49-for-134)
- Miryne Thomas: 10.3 PTS, 44.6 FG%, 38.5 3PT% (30-for-78)
- Demarius Jacobs: 6.7 PTS, 47.8 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (13-for-39)
Western Michigan Team Leaders
- Lamar Norman Jr.: 19.5 PTS, 1.1 STL, 43.6 FG%, 36 3PT% (59-for-164)
- Markeese Hastings: 9.1 PTS, 8.6 REB, 49.6 FG%
- Mack Smith: 8.4 PTS, 40.1 FG%, 31 3PT% (22-for-71)
- Titus Wright: 5.4 PTS, 56.2 FG%
- Mileek McMillan: 5.7 PTS, 43.3 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (13-for-39)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.