The Canisius Golden Griffins (7-12, 3-5 MAAC) are heavy underdogs (by 12 points) to break a nine-game road losing streak when they visit the Monmouth Hawks (12-6, 4-3 MAAC) on Friday, January 28, 2022 at 7:00 PM ET. The matchup has a point total of 141.5.
Monmouth vs. Canisius Predictions
Monmouth vs. Canisius Betting Odds
Monmouth vs. Canisius Last 10 Games
- Monmouth has a 7-2 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread eight times in those games.
- The final score of the past 10 Monmouth games has gone over the set total three times.
- The past 10 Hawks games averaged 0.3 fewer points (141.2) than this matchup’s point total.
- The Hawks’ per-game scoring average over their past 10 games is 2.4 points lower than their season-long average.
- Canisius covered the spread three times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 3-7 record straight-up in those games.
- Canisius and its opponents have combined to hit the over in three of the past 10 games.
- The last 10 Golden Griffins games averaged 145.7 total points, 4.2 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Golden Griffins have scored 1.1 fewer points per contest compared to their 69.8 PPG season-long scoring average.
Monmouth vs. Canisius Betting Trends
- Monmouth is 8-1-0 against the spread this season.
- This season, three of Monmouth’s games have gone over the point total out of nine chances.
- The 71.1 points per game the Hawks score are the same as the Golden Griffins allow.
- Monmouth has a 4-0 record against the spread and a 7-2 record overall when scoring more than 72.4 points.
- Canisius is 5-10-0 against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 12-point underdogs or more, the Golden Griffins have a perfect ATS record of 3-0.
- Games involving Canisius have hit the over six times out of 15 chances this season.
- The Golden Griffins put up an average of 69.8 points per game, just 1.7 more points than the 68.1 the Hawks allow.
- Canisius has put together a 2-5 ATS record and a 5-4 overall record in games it scores more than 68.1 points.
Monmouth vs. Canisius Over/Under Trends
- Four Monmouth games this season have gone over Friday’s over/under of 141.5 points.
- In Canisius’ 15 games this season, 10 have finished with more combined scoring than Friday’s total of 141.5.
- Together, the two teams combine for 140.9 points per game, 0.6 points fewer than the point total of 141.5 for this contest.
- The 140.5 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are one fewer than the 141.5 total in this contest.
- On average, the over/under in Hawks games is 0.3 points fewer than the over/under of 141.5 points in this matchup.
- A difference of 3.3 points separates the average total points bet in Golden Griffins’ games (144.8 points) and this contest’s over/under (141.5 points).
Monmouth Team Leaders
- George Papas: 15.6 PTS, 1.3 STL, 42.7 FG%, 37 3PT% (57-for-154)
- Walker Miller: 14.5 PTS, 48.3 FG%, 31.4 3PT% (11-for-35)
- Shavar Reynolds: 14.9 PTS, 40.3 FG%, 33.8 3PT% (26-for-77)
- Marcus McClary: 10.1 PTS, 47 FG%, 37.9 3PT% (11-for-29)
- Nikkei Rutty: 3.6 PTS, 57.6 FG%
Canisius Team Leaders
- Armon Harried: 11.5 PTS, 34.1 FG%, 27.9 3PT% (24-for-86)
- Jordan Henderson: 10.2 PTS, 1.1 STL, 38.3 FG%, 31.1 3PT% (32-for-103)
- Malek Green: 12.3 PTS, 49 FG%, 34.4 3PT% (11-for-32)
- Ahamadou Fofana: 9.1 PTS, 41.5 FG%, 35 3PT% (21-for-60)
- Jacco Fritz: 8 PTS, 51.8 FG%, 31.3 3PT% (5-for-16)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.