The UCSD Tritons (8-10, 0-0 Big West) are 6.5-point underdogs as they try to break a five-game losing streak when they host the Cal Poly Mustangs (4-12, 1-4 Big West) on Thursday, January 27, 2022 at RIMAC Arena. The matchup airs at 10:00 PM ET. The matchup has a point total of 133.
UCSD vs. Cal Poly Predictions
UCSD vs. Cal Poly Betting Odds
UCSD vs. Cal Poly Last 10 Games
- UCSD has a 2-8 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread nine times in those games.
- UCSD’s past 10 games saw six hit the over.
- The Tritons’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 136.7 points scored. That’s 3.7 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Tritons’ per-game scoring average during their last 10 games is 5.4 points lower than their season-long average.
- Cal Poly covered the spread nine times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 3-7 record straight-up in those games.
- Cal Poly and its opponents have combined to hit the over in four of the past 10 games.
- The last 10 Mustangs games averaged 126.4 total points, 6.6 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- In their last 10 games, the Mustangs have a 59.1 points-per-game average, 2.6 points below their season-long scoring average.
UCSD vs. Cal Poly Betting Trends
- UCSD has put together a record of 13-3-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 6.5-point favorites or more, the Tritons have a perfect ATS record of 2-0.
- Games involving UCSD have hit the over eight times out of 16 chances this season.
- The 70.2 points per game the Tritons average are just 3.2 more points than the Mustangs allow (67).
- UCSD has a 7-2 record against the spread and an 8-3 record overall when putting up more than 67 points.
- Cal Poly has covered the spread 11 times this season (11-3-0).
- In games they were an underdog in by 6.5 points or more so far this year, the Mustangs went 7-0 against the spread.
- Cal Poly’s games have gone over the total five times out of 14 chances this year.
- The Mustangs put up an average of 61.7 points per game, 7.1 fewer points than the 68.8 the Tritons allow to opponents.
- Cal Poly has put together a 2-0 ATS record and a 2-2 overall record in games it scores more than 68.8 points.
UCSD vs. Cal Poly Over/Under Trends
- UCSD and its opponents have combined to exceed Thursday’s over/under of 133 points nine times this season.
- This season, four of Cal Poly’s games have finished with a combined score higher than 133 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 131.9 points per game, 1.1 points fewer than the point total of 133 for this matchup.
- This game’s over/under is 2.8 fewer points than the 135.8 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- The Tritons have seen a 138.6 average over/under in their games this season, 5.6 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 4.1 points separates this contest’s over/under (133 points) and the average total points bet in Mustangs’ games (128.9 points) this season.
UCSD Team Leaders
- Toni Rocak: 15.6 PTS, 1.2 STL, 49.7 FG%, 25 3PT% (5-for-20)
- Francis Nwaokorie: 11.1 PTS, 52.7 FG%, 32.6 3PT% (15-for-46)
- Jake Killingsworth: 7.9 PTS, 50.5 FG%, 45.6 3PT% (31-for-68)
- Bryce Pope: 11.3 PTS, 40 FG%, 31 3PT% (22-for-71)
- Jace Roquemore: 6.9 PTS, 40.8 FG%, 29.5 3PT% (13-for-44)
Cal Poly Team Leaders
- Alimamy Koroma: 13.4 PTS, 51.5 FG%, 31 3PT% (9-for-29)
- Camren Pierce: 8.2 PTS, 34.8 FG%, 44.8 3PT% (13-for-29)
- Trevon Taylor: 7.9 PTS, 47 FG%, 30.3 3PT% (10-for-33)
- Kyle Colvin: 8.8 PTS, 43.3 FG%, 37.8 3PT% (14-for-37)
- Brantly Stevenson: 6.1 PTS, 40.7 FG%, 35.7 3PT% (10-for-28)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.