The SIU-Edwardsville Cougars (7-12, 1-5 OVC) are favored (-5.5) to stop a four-game losing streak when they host the Tennessee State Tigers (8-12, 3-5 OVC) at 8:30 PM ET on Thursday, January 27, 2022 at Sam M. Vadalabene Center. The matchup has an over/under of 141 points.
SIU-Edwardsville vs. Tennessee State Predictions
SIU-Edwardsville vs. Tennessee State Betting Odds
SIU-Edwardsville vs. Tennessee State Last 10 Games
- SIU-Edwardsville is 4-6 overall and 8-2-0 against the spread in its past 10 games.
- SIU-Edwardsville and its opponents have hit the over in four of those 10 games.
- The Cougars’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 139 points scored. That’s two fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over their past 10 games, the Cougars have a points-per-game average 1.9 points above their season-long scoring average.
- Tennessee State has a 4-6 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- Tennessee State and its opponents have hit the over in four of the past 10 games.
- The last 10 Tigers games averaged 145.6 total points, 4.6 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- Across their past 10 games, the Tigers have scored 2.7 fewer points per contest compared to their 73.6 PPG season-long scoring average.
SIU-Edwardsville vs. Tennessee State Betting Trends
- SIU-Edwardsville has put together a 15-4-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 5.5-point favorites or more, the Cougars have an ATS record of 2-1.
- This season, eight of SIU-Edwardsville’s games have gone over the point total.
- The 69.3 points per game the Cougars score are the same as the Tigers give up.
- When SIU-Edwardsville totals more than 72.0 points, it is 5-2 against the spread and 4-4 overall.
- Tennessee State has compiled a 10-8-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Tigers are 5-1 ATS when playing as at least 5.5-point underdogs.
- Games involving Tennessee State have hit the over eight times out of 18 chances this season.
- The Tigers score an average of 73.6 points per game, only 4.6 more points than the 69.0 the Cougars allow to opponents.
- When it scores more than 69.0 points, Tennessee State is 5-5 against the spread and 7-5 overall.
SIU-Edwardsville vs. Tennessee State Over/Under Trends
- SIU-Edwardsville and its opponents have combined to go over Thursday’s over/under of 141 points eight times this season.
- In Tennessee State’s 18 games this season, 10 have finished with more combined scoring than Thursday’s total of 141.
- The Cougars average 69.3 points per game against the Tigers’ 73.6, amounting to 1.9 points over the matchup’s point total of 141.
- Together, the two teams combine to allow 141 points per game, identical to the over/under for this matchup.
- The Cougars have seen a 138.8 average over/under in their games this season, 2.2 points fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- Tigers’ games have a total points bet of 143.2 points this season, 2.2 points more than the over/under for this contest.
SIU-Edwardsville Team Leaders
- Ray’Sean Taylor: 16.8 PTS, 1.8 STL, 42.9 FG%, 34.7 3PT% (43-for-124)
- Shaun Doss: 12.3 PTS, 1.1 STL, 43.9 FG%, 26.8 3PT% (15-for-56)
- Shamar Wright: 9.5 PTS, 1.2 STL, 44.9 FG%, 25.9 3PT% (15-for-58)
- Deejuan Pruitt: 9.6 PTS, 43.6 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (10-for-35)
- Courtney Carter: 6.7 PTS, 1.1 STL, 46.7 FG%, 29.7 3PT% (11-for-37)
Tennessee State Team Leaders
- Kassim Nicholson: 11 PTS, 8.2 REB, 50 FG%, 28 3PT% (7-for-25)
- Carlos Marshall Jr.: 13.1 PTS, 42.6 FG%, 40.9 3PT% (38-for-93)
- Marcus Fitzgerald Jr.: 11.6 PTS, 40.4 FG%, 38.3 3PT% (31-for-81)
- Kenny Cooper: 6.9 PTS, 1.6 STL, 35.9 FG%, 44.1 3PT% (15-for-34)
- Dedric Boyd: 11.1 PTS, 44.3 FG%, 36.6 3PT% (41-for-112)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.