The Pepperdine Waves (6-15, 0-6 WCC) are 8.5-point underdogs as they look to stop a six-game losing streak when they visit the San Diego Toreros (11-9, 4-3 WCC) on Thursday, January 27, 2022 at Jenny Craig Pavilion. The contest airs at 10:30 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is 136.5.
San Diego vs. Pepperdine Predictions
San Diego vs. Pepperdine Betting Odds
|San Diego||-8.5||136.5 points|
San Diego vs. Pepperdine Last 10 Games
- San Diego has a 6-4 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- San Diego’s last 10 games saw six hit the over.
- The Toreros’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 136.6 points scored. That’s 0.1 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Toreros’ per-game scoring average across their past 10 games is two points higher than their season-long average.
- Pepperdine has a 2-8 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Pepperdine games have surpassed the set total four times.
- The last 10 Waves games averaged 147.2 total points, 10.7 more points than this matchup’s point total.
- Over their past 10 games, the Waves have a 67.8 points-per-game average, 0.7 points below their season-long scoring average.
San Diego vs. Pepperdine Betting Trends
- San Diego has put together a record of 11-9-0 against the spread this season.
- The Toreros have yet to cover a spread when they are at least 8.5-point favorites (0-2).
- Games involving San Diego have hit the over nine times this season.
- The Toreros average 68.3 points per game, 7.6 fewer points than the 75.9 the Waves allow.
- Pepperdine has put together a 15-6-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Waves have a perfect 8-0 ATS record when playing as at least 8.5-point underdogs.
- Games involving Pepperdine have hit the over seven times this season.
- The Waves put up an average of 68.5 points per game, only 4.3 more points than the 64.2 the Toreros give up.
- Pepperdine is 5-5 against the spread and 6-5 overall when it scores more than 64.2 points.
San Diego vs. Pepperdine Over/Under Trends
- San Diego and its opponents have combined to outscore Thursday’s total (136.5 points) eight times this season.
- There have been 13 Pepperdine games that have ended with a combined score over 136.5 points this season.
- The Toreros average 68.3 points per game against the Waves’ 68.5, amounting to 0.3 points over the game’s over/under of 136.5.
- This game’s point total is 3.6 fewer points than the 140.1 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- This season the average total for Toreros games is 135.3 points, 1.2 fewer than the over/under of 136.5 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 7.7 points fewer than the average over/under in Waves’ games this season (144.2 points).
San Diego Team Leaders
- Marcellus Earlington: 13.9 PTS, 42.3 FG%, 35.4 3PT% (28-for-79)
- Terrell Brown: 7.9 PTS, 2.3 BLK, 50.4 FG%
- Wayne McKinney III: 6.4 PTS, 45.9 FG%, 38.9 3PT% (14-for-36)
- Joey Calcaterra: 8.4 PTS, 38.5 FG%, 35.3 3PT% (24-for-68)
- Jase Townsend: 9.3 PTS, 39.2 FG%, 43.6 3PT% (17-for-39)
Pepperdine Team Leaders
- Mike Mitchell Jr.: 8.7 PTS, 38.2 FG%, 41.4 3PT% (36-for-87)
- Houston Mallette: 11.3 PTS, 40.2 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (47-for-129)
- Jan Zidek: 13.2 PTS, 42.2 FG%, 30.2 3PT% (26-for-86)
- Jade’ Smith: 9 PTS, 42.3 FG%, 19.2 3PT% (5-for-26)
- Keith Fisher III: 7.3 PTS, 41.7 FG%, 23.7 3PT% (9-for-38)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.