The Iowa Hawkeyes (14-5, 4-4 Big Ten) host the No. 6 Purdue Boilermakers (16-3, 5-3 Big Ten) after winning six straight home games. The Boilermakers are favored by just 2.5 points in the matchup, which starts at 9:00 PM ET on Thursday, January 27, 2022. The matchup has an over/under of 158.5.
Purdue vs. Iowa Predictions
Purdue vs. Iowa Betting Odds
Purdue vs. Iowa Last 10 Games
- Purdue has a 8-2 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread three times in those games.
- Purdue and its opponents have hit the over in six of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Boilermakers games averaged 14.6 fewer points (143.9) than this matchup’s point total.
- During their past 10 games, the Boilermakers have a points-per-game average 2.9 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Iowa is 7-3 overall and 7-3-0 against the spread over its past 10 contests.
- The final scores of the last 10 Iowa games have surpassed the set total seven times.
- The last 10 Hawkeyes games averaged 151.1 total points, 7.4 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Hawkeyes have scored 6.3 fewer points per contest compared to their 83.1 PPG season-long scoring average.
Purdue vs. Iowa Betting Trends
- Purdue has covered the spread nine times this season (9-9-0).
- The Boilermakers are 9-8 ATS when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites.
- Games involving Purdue have hit the over 11 times out of 18 chances this season.
- The Boilermakers average 84.7 points per game, 15.3 more points than the 69.4 the Hawkeyes give up.
- When Purdue totals more than 69.4 points, it is 9-6 against the spread and 16-0 overall.
- Iowa is 13-6-0 against the spread this year.
- The Hawkeyes are a perfect 2-0 ATS when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- Iowa games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 14 times this year.
- The Hawkeyes average 15.7 more points per game (83.1) than the Boilermakers allow their opponents to score (67.4).
- When it scores more than 67.4 points, Iowa is 12-5 against the spread and 14-3 overall.
Purdue vs. Iowa Over/Under Trends
- This season, Purdue games have hit the over on this game’s 158.5-point total five times.
- Seven of Iowa’s games ended with a combined score over 158.5 points this season.
- The Boilermakers average 84.7 points per game against the Hawkeyes’ 83.1, totaling 9.3 points over the contest’s total of 158.5.
- The 136.8 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 21.7 fewer than the 158.5 over/under in this contest.
- This season the average total for Boilermakers games is 145.5 points, 13 fewer than the over/under of 158.5 points for this contest.
- Hawkeyes games have an over/under of 149.5 points this season, nine points fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
Purdue Team Leaders
- Zach Edey: 15.3 PTS, 7.7 REB, 1.3 BLK, 70.9 FG%
- Trevion Williams: 12.7 PTS, 8.4 REB, 56.4 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (3-for-8)
- Jaden Ivey: 15.8 PTS, 1.2 STL, 48.5 FG%, 42.4 3PT% (36-for-85)
- Sasha Stefanovic: 12.1 PTS, 42.1 FG%, 41.6 3PT% (52-for-125)
- Caleb Furst: 5 PTS, 56.7 FG%, 41.2 3PT% (7-for-17)
Iowa Team Leaders
- Keegan Murray: 22.8 PTS, 8.4 REB, 1.4 STL, 2.2 BLK, 57.3 FG%, 34.1 3PT% (28-for-82)
- Kris Murray: 9.4 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 50 FG%, 41.1 3PT% (23-for-56)
- Patrick McCaffery: 9.7 PTS, 40.8 FG%, 32.1 3PT% (17-for-53)
- Filip Rebraca: 6.3 PTS, 57.3 FG%
- Joe Toussaint: 5.5 PTS, 1.6 STL, 48.8 FG%, 38.9 3PT% (7-for-18)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.