The North Texas Mean Green (13-4, 6-1 C-USA) will attempt to continue a five-game win streak when they visit the Southern Miss Golden Eagles (6-12, 1-4 C-USA) on Thursday, January 27, 2022 at Reed Green Coliseum as heavy, 14-point favorites. The matchup airs at 8:00 PM ET. The matchup’s over/under is set at 120.
North Texas vs. Southern Miss Predictions
North Texas vs. Southern Miss Betting Odds
|North Texas||-14||120 points|
North Texas vs. Southern Miss Last 10 Games
- North Texas covered the spread five times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 8-2 record straight-up in those games.
- North Texas and its opponents have combined to hit the over in three of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Mean Green games averaged 7.2 more points (127.2) than this matchup’s over/under.
- During the last 10 games, the Mean Green are scoring 0.1 points more per game compared to their season average.
- Southern Miss covered the spread in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 1-9 record straight-up in those games.
- Southern Miss’ last 10 outings saw six hit the over.
- The Golden Eagles’ past 10 outings have ended with an average of 133.2 points scored. That’s 13.2 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Golden Eagles’ per-game scoring average during their past 10 games is 58.6, 4.9 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
North Texas vs. Southern Miss Betting Trends
- North Texas has covered the spread eight times over 15 games with a set spread.
- North Texas games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under four times out of 15 chances this season.
- The 66.8 points per game the Mean Green average are the same as the Golden Eagles give up.
- Southern Miss has put together a 15-1-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Golden Eagles are a perfect 3-0 ATS when playing as at least 14-point underdogs.
- This year, Southern Miss’ games have hit the over nine times out of 16 chances.
- The Golden Eagles’ 63.5 points per game are 7.1 more points than the 56.4 the Mean Green give up.
- When it scores more than 56.4 points, Southern Miss is 4-4 against the spread and 5-6 overall.
North Texas vs. Southern Miss Over/Under Trends
- North Texas and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (120 points) 10 times this season.
- A total of 12 of Southern Miss’ games finished with a combined score higher than 120 points this season.
- The Mean Green average 66.8 points per game against the Golden Eagles’ 63.5, amounting to 10.3 points over the contest’s total of 120.
- This matchup’s point total is 7.6 fewer points than the 127.6 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- The Mean Green have seen a 128.2 average over/under in their games this season, 8.2 points more than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is 13.8 points fewer than the average over/under in Golden Eagles’ games this season (133.8 points).
North Texas Team Leaders
- Thomas Bell: 12 PTS, 7 REB, 42.8 FG%, 28.1 3PT% (16-for-57)
- Tylor Perry: 14.3 PTS, 1.3 STL, 45.4 FG%, 46.6 3PT% (41-for-88)
- Abou Ousmane: 9.5 PTS, 50 FG%
- Mardrez McBride: 9.7 PTS, 38.7 FG%, 37.1 3PT% (39-for-105)
- Rubin Jones: 8.6 PTS, 41.5 FG%, 32.9 3PT% (23-for-70)
Southern Miss Team Leaders
- Tyler Stevenson: 14.4 PTS, 8.4 REB, 1.1 BLK, 51.8 FG%
- Isaih Moore: 12.1 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 57.9 FG%, 26.9 3PT% (7-for-26)
- DeAndre Pinckney: 7.7 PTS, 41.5 FG%, 25.5 3PT% (13-for-51)
- Walyn Napper: 5.3 PTS, 35.6 FG%, 30.8 3PT% (8-for-26)
- Jaron Pierre, Jr.: 8.7 PTS, 32.9 FG%, 32.7 3PT% (35-for-107)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.