The McNeese Cowboys (8-12, 2-1 Southland) host the Nicholls State Colonels (11-9, 1-2 Southland) after winning five straight home games. The Colonels are favored by 3.5 points in the matchup, which tips at 8:30 PM ET on Thursday, January 27, 2022. The matchup has an over/under of 148.5.
Nicholls State vs. McNeese Predictions
Nicholls State vs. McNeese Betting Odds
|Nicholls State||-3.5||148.5 points|
Nicholls State vs. McNeese Last 10 Games
- Nicholls State has a 4-6 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- Nicholls State’s last 10 games saw six go over the total.
- The past 10 Colonels games averaged 0.3 fewer points (148.2) than this matchup’s point total.
- Over their past 10 games, the Colonels have scored 0.3 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- McNeese is 3-7 overall and 7-2-0 against the spread in its last 10 contests.
- The final scores of the past 10 McNeese games have exceeded the set total six times.
- The Cowboys’ past 10 outings have ended with an average of 144.5 points scored. That’s four fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Cowboys’ per-game scoring average over their last 10 games is 69.7, 6.5 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Nicholls State vs. McNeese Betting Trends
- Nicholls State is 10-5-0 against the spread this season.
- The Colonels have an ATS record of 2-5 when playing as at least 3.5-point favorites.
- Nicholls State games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under eight times out of 15 chances this season.
- The 79.7 points per game the Colonels record are 6.9 more points than the Cowboys allow (72.8).
- When Nicholls State puts up more than 72.8 points, it is 2-2 against the spread and 7-2 overall.
- McNeese is 12-3-0 against the spread this season.
- The Cowboys have an ATS record of 10-0 when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- This season, McNeese’s games have hit the over eight times out of 16 chances.
- The Cowboys score an average of 76.2 points per game, just 4.4 more points than the 71.8 the Colonels give up to opponents.
- When it scores more than 71.8 points, McNeese is 2-2 against the spread and 6-2 overall.
Nicholls State vs. McNeese Over/Under Trends
- Nicholls State and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (148.5 points) seven times this season.
- This season, seven games McNeese played finished with a combined score over 148.5 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 155.9 points per game, 7.4 points more than the over/under of 148.5 for this contest.
- These two teams give up a combined 144.6 points per game, 3.9 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the over/under in Colonels games is 1.8 points fewer than the over/under of 148.5 points in this matchup.
- Cowboys games have an over/under of 145.4 points this season, 3.1 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
Nicholls State Team Leaders
- Jitaurious Gordon: 20.2 PTS, 1.5 STL, 46.6 FG%, 39.7 3PT% (60-for-151)
- Pierce Spencer: 9.8 PTS, 1.6 STL, 41.9 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (25-for-75)
- Devante Carter: 12 PTS, 2 STL, 44.9 FG%, 16.7 3PT% (6-for-36)
- Ryghe Lyons: 6.6 PTS, 2 BLK, 49.2 FG%, 31.6 3PT% (6-for-19)
- Latrell Jones: 10.3 PTS, 48.2 FG%, 34.2 3PT% (26-for-76)
McNeese Team Leaders
- Christian Shumate: 11.1 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 51.9 FG%, 16 3PT% (4-for-25)
- Myles Lewis: 11.4 PTS, 1.2 STL, 51.1 FG%, 22.2 3PT% (2-for-9)
- Kellon Taylor: 10.2 PTS, 45.9 FG%, 18.5 3PT% (5-for-27)
- Brendan Medley-Bacon: 9.7 PTS, 1.3 BLK, 55 FG%
- Zach Scott: 8.7 PTS, 1.4 STL, 42.9 FG%, 40.9 3PT% (36-for-88)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.