The Marshall Thundering Herd (7-12, 0-6 C-USA) are just 1-point favorites as they look to end a four-game home losing streak when they take on the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders (12-6, 3-2 C-USA) on Thursday, January 27, 2022 at Cam Henderson Center. The contest airs at 7:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at 147.5 points.
Marshall vs. Middle Tennessee Predictions
Marshall vs. Middle Tennessee Betting Odds
Marshall vs. Middle Tennessee Last 10 Games
- Marshall is 2-8 overall and 5-5-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- The Thundering Herd and their opponents have combined to hit the over two times in those games.
- The Thundering Herd’s past 10 games have ended with an average of 153.6 points scored. That’s 6.1 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- Across their past 10 games, the Thundering Herd have scored 7.8 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Middle Tennessee covered the spread nine times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- Middle Tennessee and its opponents have hit the over in six of the past 10 games.
- The Blue Raiders’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 138.2 points scored. That’s 9.3 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- In their past 10 games, the Blue Raiders have a 69 points-per-game average, 4.3 points below their season-long scoring average.
Marshall vs. Middle Tennessee Betting Trends
- Marshall has covered the spread in a matchup eight times this season (8-9-0).
- The Thundering Herd are just 2-8 ATS when playing as at least 1-point favorites.
- This season, seven of Marshall’s games have gone over the point total out of 17 chances.
- The Thundering Herd average 10.2 more points per game (74.7) than the Blue Raiders give up (64.5).
- When Marshall scores more than 64.5 points, it is 3-10 against the spread and 7-8 overall.
- Middle Tennessee has covered the spread in a matchup 12 times this season (12-3-0).
- In games this year when an underdog by 1 point or more, the Blue Raiders are 6-2 against the spread.
- This season, nine of Middle Tennessee’s games have gone over the point total out of 15 chances.
- The Blue Raiders average only 2.7 fewer points per game (73.3) than the Thundering Herd give up (76.0).
- Middle Tennessee is 4-0 against the spread and 5-1 overall when it scores more than 76.0 points.
Marshall vs. Middle Tennessee Over/Under Trends
- This season, eight of Marshall’s 17 games have gone over Thursday’s total of 147.5 points.
- This season, four of Middle Tennessee’s games have ended with a score higher than 147.5 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 148 points per game, 0.5 points more than the total of 147.5 for this contest.
- This matchup’s over/under is 7.0 fewer points than the 140.5 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- On average, the Thundering Herd have seen a 152.5 over/under in their games this season, five more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 9.7 points separates this contest’s over/under (147.5 points) and the average total points bet in Blue Raiders’ games (137.8 points) this season.
Marshall Team Leaders
- Taevion Kinsey: 20.8 PTS, 42.6 FG%, 16.7 3PT% (11-for-66)
- Obinna Anochili-Killen: 12.6 PTS, 3.8 BLK, 50.8 FG%, 32.1 3PT% (17-for-53)
- Andrew Taylor: 12.2 PTS, 2.3 STL, 39.7 FG%, 28 3PT% (30-for-107)
- Darius George: 8.5 PTS, 53.8 FG%, 18.9 3PT% (7-for-37)
- David Early: 5.5 PTS, 31.1 FG%, 26 3PT% (19-for-73)
Middle Tennessee Team Leaders
- Josh Jefferson: 13.1 PTS, 1.3 STL, 41.5 FG%, 32.5 3PT% (40-for-123)
- Eli Lawrence: 10.1 PTS, 1.4 STL, 38.5 FG%, 27.7 3PT% (26-for-94)
- Donovan Sims: 10 PTS, 37.1 FG%, 27 3PT% (20-for-74)
- DeAndre Dishman: 7.7 PTS, 47.5 FG%
- Camryn Weston: 8.3 PTS, 1.4 STL, 58.6 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (7-for-21)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.