The BYU Cougars (17-4, 5-1 WCC) will attempt to extend a three-game win streak when they visit the Santa Clara Broncos (12-7, 2-2 WCC) on Thursday, January 27, 2022 at Leavey Center as just 3-point favorites. The matchup airs at 11:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 150.
BYU vs. Santa Clara Predictions
BYU vs. Santa Clara Betting Odds
BYU vs. Santa Clara Last 10 Games
- BYU covered the spread six times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 8-2 record straight-up in those games.
- The final score of the last 10 BYU games has gone over the set total five times.
- The last 10 Cougars games averaged 139 total points, 11 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- Across their past 10 games, the Cougars have scored 1.3 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Santa Clara is 5-5 overall and 7-3-0 against the spread over its last 10 contests.
- Santa Clara’s past 10 outings saw six hit the over.
- The last 10 Broncos games averaged 142.5 total points, 7.5 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Broncos have a 75.6 points-per-game average, 1.1 points below their season-long scoring average.
BYU vs. Santa Clara Betting Trends
- BYU has put together a record of 10-9-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 3 points or more so far this season, the Cougars have gone 6-8 against the spread.
- This season, nine of BYU’s games have gone over the point total out of 19 chances.
- The Cougars record 74 points per game, only 2.9 more points than the 71.1 the Broncos give up.
- When BYU puts up more than 71.1 points, it is 6-5 against the spread and 11-1 overall.
- Santa Clara is 9-9-1 against the spread this year.
- The Broncos are 3-2 ATS when playing as at least 3-point underdogs.
- Santa Clara’s games have gone over the total 12 times this year.
- The Broncos’ 76.7 points per game are 11.6 more points than the 65.1 the Cougars give up.
- Santa Clara is 7-5-1 against the spread and 12-2 overall when it scores more than 65.1 points.
BYU vs. Santa Clara Over/Under Trends
- This season, BYU and its opponents have combined to outscore Thursday’s over/under of 150 points six times.
- There have been nine Santa Clara games that have ended with a combined score higher than 150 points this season.
- The Cougars average 74 points per game against the Broncos’ 76.7, amounting to 0.7 points over the contest’s over/under of 150.
- This matchup’s point total is 13.8 fewer points than the 136.2 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- This season the average total for Cougars games is 139.3 points, 10.7 fewer than the over/under of 150 points for this contest.
- A difference of 7.2 points separates this contest’s over/under (150 points) and the average total points bet in Broncos’ games (142.8 points) this season.
BYU Team Leaders
- Alex Barcello: 16.7 PTS, 46.5 FG%, 46.4 3PT% (52-for-112)
- Fousseyni Traore: 8.7 PTS, 8.1 REB, 1.4 BLK, 56.4 FG%
- Te’Jon Lucas: 10.4 PTS, 41.5 FG%, 36.1 3PT% (22-for-61)
- Caleb Lohner: 7 PTS, 41 FG%, 15.6 3PT% (5-for-32)
- Gideon George: 6.9 PTS, 36.6 FG%, 31.3 3PT% (20-for-64)
Santa Clara Team Leaders
- Jalen Williams: 18.3 PTS, 1.4 STL, 51 FG%, 40 3PT% (24-for-60)
- Keshawn Justice: 14.8 PTS, 7.7 REB, 46 FG%, 44.6 3PT% (50-for-112)
- Parker Braun: 9.1 PTS, 1.6 BLK, 58.1 FG%, 36 3PT% (9-for-25)
- PJ Pipes: 10.9 PTS, 38 FG%, 29.3 3PT% (22-for-75)
- Josip Vrankic: 12 PTS, 1.4 STL, 54.2 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (4-for-12)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.