The No. 17 Providence Friars (16-2, 6-1 Big East) are underdogs (+8) for an attempt to continue a three-game win streak when they visit the No. 21 Xavier Musketeers (14-4, 4-3 Big East) at 6:30 PM ET on Wednesday, January 26, 2022 at Cintas Center. The matchup’s point total is set at 139.5.
Xavier vs. Providence Predictions
Xavier vs. Providence Betting Odds
Xavier vs. Providence Last 10 Games
- Xavier covered the spread five times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 7-3 record straight-up in those games.
- The final score of the last 10 Xavier games has gone over the set total four times.
- The Musketeers’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 140.9 points scored. That’s 1.4 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- Across their past 10 games, the Musketeers have scored 1.7 more points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Providence is 8-2 overall and 4-6-0 against the spread over its last 10 games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Providence games have gone over the set total five times.
- The last 10 Friars games averaged 136.1 total points, 3.4 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- During the past 10 games, the Friars are scoring 69.2 points per game compared to their 70.4 season average.
Xavier vs. Providence Betting Trends
- Xavier is 9-8-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 8-point favorites or more, the Musketeers have an ATS record of 5-4.
- Xavier games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under six times out of 17 chances this season.
- The Musketeers score 10.4 more points per game (74.5) than the Friars give up (64.1).
- When Xavier totals more than 64.1 points, it is 9-3 against the spread and 12-1 overall.
- Providence has covered the spread six times over 16 games with a set spread.
- This season, Providence’s games have hit the over nine times out of 17 chances.
- The Friars put up an average of 70.4 points per game, 6.1 more points than the 64.3 the Musketeers give up.
- Providence has put together a 7-5 ATS record and a 14-0 overall record in games it scores more than 64.3 points.
Xavier vs. Providence Over/Under Trends
- Xavier and its opponents have combined to exceed Wednesday’s over/under of 139.5 points seven times this season.
- In Providence’s 17 games this season, eight have finished with more combined scoring than Wednesday’s over/under of 139.5.
- The point total for the matchup of 139.5 is 5.4 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Musketeers (74.5 points per game) and the Friars (70.4 points per game).
- This matchup’s point total is 11.1 fewer points than the 128.4 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- On average, the Musketeers have seen a 139.9 over/under in their games this season, 0.4 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is 4.4 points more than the average over/under in Friars’ games this season (135.1 points).
Xavier Team Leaders
- Colby Jones: 11.4 PTS, 8 REB, 1.4 STL, 48.5 FG%, 32.4 3PT% (12-for-37)
- Jack Nunge: 12.3 PTS, 7.1 REB, 1.4 BLK, 51.8 FG%, 26.2 3PT% (11-for-42)
- Paul Scruggs: 11.1 PTS, 1.6 STL, 40.1 FG%, 31 3PT% (18-for-58)
- Nate Johnson: 11.3 PTS, 45.6 FG%, 41.7 3PT% (43-for-103)
- Adam Kunkel: 9.4 PTS, 42.5 FG%, 38.6 3PT% (32-for-83)
Providence Team Leaders
- Noah Horchler: 9.9 PTS, 8.3 REB, 45.2 FG%, 42.9 3PT% (30-for-70)
- Nate Watson: 14.1 PTS, 56.6 FG%
- Al Durham: 13.3 PTS, 36.1 FG%, 24.6 3PT% (16-for-65)
- Justin Minaya: 5.9 PTS, 42.6 FG%, 32.6 3PT% (14-for-43)
- Jared Bynum: 6.9 PTS, 40 FG%, 35.1 3PT% (13-for-37)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.