The South Carolina Upstate Spartans (8-10, 5-1 Big South) are 4.5-point underdogs as they attempt to build on a five-game winning streak when they host the Winthrop Eagles (12-7, 5-1 Big South) on Wednesday, January 26, 2022 at G.B. Hodge Center. The game airs at 6:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 145.5.
Winthrop vs. South Carolina Upstate Predictions
Winthrop vs. South Carolina Upstate Betting Odds
Winthrop vs. South Carolina Upstate Last 10 Games
- Winthrop is 2-8-0 against the spread and 6-4 overall over its last 10 contests.
- Winthrop and its opponents have hit the over in five of those 10 games.
- The last 10 Eagles games averaged 143.5 total points, two fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- During the past 10 games, the Eagles are scoring 5.4 points less per game compared to their season average.
- South Carolina Upstate is 5-5 overall and 8-2-0 against the spread in its last 10 games.
- South Carolina Upstate’s last 10 contests saw six hit the over.
- The past 10 Spartans games averaged 6.2 fewer points (139.3) than this matchup’s point total.
- The Spartans’ per-game scoring average during their last 10 games is 69.3, 0.6 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Winthrop vs. South Carolina Upstate Betting Trends
- Winthrop has put together a 4-13-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 4.5-point favorites or more, the Eagles have an ATS record of 1-6.
- Winthrop games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 10 times out of 17 chances this season.
- The Eagles average just 4.1 more points per game (74.7) than the Spartans give up (70.6).
- Winthrop has a 4-4 record against the spread and a 9-1 record overall when scoring more than 70.6 points.
- South Carolina Upstate is 12-3-1 against the spread this season.
- In games they were an underdog in by 4.5 points or more so far this year, the Spartans have gone 8-2 against the spread.
- This season, nine of South Carolina Upstate’s games have gone over the point total out of 16 chances.
- The Spartans score an average of 69.9 points per game, only 1.3 fewer points than the 71.2 the Eagles give up.
- South Carolina Upstate is 4-2-1 against the spread and 6-3 overall when it scores more than 71.2 points.
Winthrop vs. South Carolina Upstate Over/Under Trends
- Winthrop and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (145.5 points) nine times this season.
- Eight of South Carolina Upstate’s games finished with a combined score higher than 145.5 points this season.
- The over/under for the matchup of 145.5 is 0.9 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Eagles (74.7 points per game) and the Spartans (69.9 points per game).
- This game’s total is 3.7 fewer points than the 141.8 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- This season the average total for Eagles games is 144.6 points, 0.9 fewer than the over/under of 145.5 points for this contest.
- Spartans games have an over/under of 140 points this season, 5.5 points fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
Winthrop Team Leaders
- D.J. Burns: 15.6 PTS, 62.7 FG%
- Cory Hightower: 10.6 PTS, 1.1 STL, 44.9 FG%, 40.6 3PT% (28-for-69)
- Patrick Good: 12.1 PTS, 1.1 STL, 51 FG%, 45.3 3PT% (53-for-117)
- Kelton Talford: 8.7 PTS, 65.3 FG%
- Michael Anumba: 7.6 PTS, 46.6 FG%, 36.6 3PT% (15-for-41)
South Carolina Upstate Team Leaders
- Bryson Mozone: 14.5 PTS, 42.7 FG%, 38.1 3PT% (40-for-105)
- Jordan Gainey: 12.5 PTS, 49.4 FG%, 51.3 3PT% (41-for-80)
- Dalvin White: 7.4 PTS, 41.7 FG%, 42.9 3PT% (24-for-56)
- Josh Aldrich: 5.2 PTS, 47.1 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (8-for-22)
- Mysta Goodloe: 6.9 PTS, 42.6 FG%, 37.8 3PT% (14-for-37)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.