A pair of struggling teams meet when the West Virginia Mountaineers (13-5, 2-4 Big 12) host the Oklahoma Sooners (12-7, 2-5 Big 12) on Wednesday, January 26, 2022 at 8:00 PM ET. The Mountaineers are 2-point favorites as they look to stop a three-game losing streak against the Sooners, losers of four straight. The over/under for the matchup is 130.5.
West Virginia vs. Oklahoma Predictions
West Virginia vs. Oklahoma Betting Odds
|West Virginia||-2||130.5 points|
West Virginia vs. Oklahoma Last 10 Games
- West Virginia has a 6-4 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread eight times in those games.
- West Virginia’s last 10 outings saw six hit the over.
- The last 10 Mountaineers games averaged 133.2 total points, 2.7 more points than this matchup’s point total.
- The Mountaineers’ per-game scoring average over their past 10 games is 2.9 points lower than their season-long average.
- Oklahoma covered the spread six times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 5-5 record straight-up in those games.
- Oklahoma’s last 10 contests saw four hit the over.
- The Sooners’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 135 points scored. That’s 4.5 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their last 10 games, the Sooners have scored 2.9 fewer points per contest compared to their 70.8 PPG season-long scoring average.
West Virginia vs. Oklahoma Betting Trends
- West Virginia is 11-7-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 2-point favorites or more, the Mountaineers have an ATS record of 7-6.
- This season, nine of West Virginia’s games have gone over the point total.
- The 68.7 points per game the Mountaineers average are 6.2 more points than the Sooners give up (62.5).
- West Virginia is 7-7 against the spread and 11-3 overall when scoring more than 62.5 points.
- Oklahoma has put together a record of 9-10-0 against the spread this year.
- The Sooners are 4-0 ATS when playing as at least 2-point underdogs.
- Games involving Oklahoma have hit the over 11 times out of 20 chances this season.
- The Sooners put up 6.4 more points per game (70.8) than the Mountaineers allow their opponents to score (64.4).
- Oklahoma has put together an 8-4 ATS record and an 11-2 overall record in games it scores more than 64.4 points.
West Virginia vs. Oklahoma Over/Under Trends
- This season, West Virginia and its opponents have combined to outscore Wednesday’s over/under of 130.5 points 10 times.
- A total of 12 of Oklahoma’s games finished with a combined score higher than 130.5 points this season.
- The Mountaineers average 68.7 points per game against the Sooners’ 70.8, totaling nine points over the matchup’s total of 130.5.
- This matchup’s total is 3.6 fewer points than the 126.9 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- The Mountaineers have seen a 135.8 average over/under in their games this season, 5.3 points more than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 5.4 points fewer than the average over/under in Sooners’ games this season (135.9 points).
West Virginia Team Leaders
- Taz Sherman: 18.9 PTS, 1.5 STL, 42.5 FG%, 34 3PT% (33-for-97)
- Sean McNeil: 13.2 PTS, 45.1 FG%, 40.2 3PT% (33-for-82)
- Jalen Bridges: 8.7 PTS, 43.1 FG%, 33.9 3PT% (21-for-62)
- Malik Curry: 8.7 PTS, 44.9 FG%, 20 3PT% (3-for-15)
- Gabe Osabuohien: 4.4 PTS, 1.4 STL, 45.5 FG%
Oklahoma Team Leaders
- Tanner Groves: 12.1 PTS, 55.8 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (21-for-56)
- Jalen Hill: 9.4 PTS, 63.8 FG%, 30 3PT% (6-for-20)
- Umoja Gibson: 12.4 PTS, 1.4 STL, 40.1 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (48-for-128)
- Elijah Harkless: 9.9 PTS, 1.1 STL, 40.9 FG%, 31 3PT% (22-for-71)
- Jordan Goldwire: 9.2 PTS, 1.5 STL, 46.5 FG%, 28.9 3PT% (13-for-45)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.