The Virginia Tech Hokies (10-9, 2-6 ACC) host the Miami Hurricanes (14-5, 6-2 ACC) in a matchup of ACC teams at Cassell Coliseum, tipping off at 7:00 PM ET on Wednesday, January 26, 2022. The Hokies are 5-point favorites in the game. The point total is 138.5 in the matchup.
Virginia Tech vs. Miami Predictions
Virginia Tech vs. Miami Betting Odds
|Virginia Tech||-5||138.5 points|
Virginia Tech vs. Miami Last 10 Games
- Virginia Tech is 4-6 overall and 6-4-0 against the spread over its past 10 contests.
- The final score of the last 10 Virginia Tech games has gone over the set total six times.
- The Hokies’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 133.5 points scored. That’s five fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Hokies’ per-game scoring average over their past 10 games is 0.2 points lower than their season-long average.
- Miami has a 7-3 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread three times in those games.
- Miami’s last 10 games saw five hit the over.
- The past 10 Hurricanes games averaged 8.2 more points (146.7) than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Hurricanes’ per-game scoring average across their last 10 games is 78.6, 2.7 points higher than their season-long per-game average.
Virginia Tech vs. Miami Betting Trends
- Virginia Tech has put together an 11-7-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 5-point favorites or more, the Hokies have an ATS record of 6-5.
- Virginia Tech’s games have gone over the total eight times out of 18 chances this season.
- The 69 points per game the Hokies average are the same as the Hurricanes allow.
- Virginia Tech is 6-1 against the spread and 7-0 overall when scoring more than 71.7 points.
- Miami has registered a 6-13-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 5-point underdogs or more, the Hurricanes have a perfect ATS record of 3-0.
- Games involving Miami have hit the over 11 times this season.
- The Hurricanes score an average of 75.9 points per game, 15.2 more points than the 60.7 the Hokies allow.
- Miami has put together a 9-8 ATS record and a 14-3 overall record in games it scores more than 60.7 points.
Virginia Tech vs. Miami Over/Under Trends
- Virginia Tech and its opponents have combined to outscore Wednesday’s total (138.5 points) six times this season.
- There have been 11 Miami games that have ended with a combined score over 138.5 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 144.9 points per game, 6.4 points more than the total of 138.5 for this contest.
- The 132.4 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 6.1 fewer than the 138.5 over/under in this contest.
- The Hokies have seen a 133.4 average over/under in their games this season, 5.1 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 4.8 points separates the average total points bet in Hurricanes’ games (143.3 points) and this matchup’s over/under (138.5 points).
Virginia Tech Team Leaders
- Keve Aluma: 15.9 PTS, 50.6 FG%, 24.4 3PT% (11-for-45)
- Justyn Mutts: 10.5 PTS, 7.2 REB, 1.2 STL, 54.5 FG%, 35.5 3PT% (11-for-31)
- Hunter Cattoor: 9.9 PTS, 1.1 STL, 44.4 FG%, 45.8 3PT% (44-for-96)
- Nahiem Alleyne: 10.4 PTS, 34.6 FG%, 35.8 3PT% (34-for-95)
- Storm Murphy: 8.2 PTS, 44.4 FG%, 36.3 3PT% (29-for-80)
Miami Team Leaders
- Kameron McGusty: 17.7 PTS, 1.7 STL, 48.5 FG%, 34.6 3PT% (27-for-78)
- Isaiah Wong: 16.7 PTS, 1.1 STL, 47.4 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (29-for-87)
- Charlie Moore: 12.5 PTS, 1.9 STL, 44.6 FG%, 38.6 3PT% (32-for-83)
- Jordan Miller: 8.4 PTS, 1.6 STL, 47.2 FG%, 34.7 3PT% (17-for-49)
- Sam Waardenburg: 7.1 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 53.3 FG%, 44.2 3PT% (19-for-43)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.