A pair of sliding teams square off when the Tarleton State Texans (8-13, 3-5 WAC) visit the Lamar Cardinals (2-19, 0-8 WAC) on Wednesday, January 26, 2022 at 8:00 PM ET. The Cardinals are 7-point underdogs as they try to halt a 12-game losing streak against the Texans, who have lost four straight. The matchup’s over/under is set at 130.5.
Tarleton State vs. Lamar Predictions
Tarleton State vs. Lamar Betting Odds
|Tarleton State||-7||130.5 points|
Tarleton State vs. Lamar Last 10 Games
- Tarleton State is 5-5 overall and 6-4-0 against the spread in its last 10 games.
- Tarleton State’s last 10 games saw eight hit the over.
- The Texans’ past 10 outings have ended with an average of 126.5 points scored. That’s four fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Texans’ per-game scoring average during their last 10 games is 3.9 points higher than their season-long average.
- Lamar is 0-10 overall and 9-1-0 against the spread in its last 10 contests.
- Lamar’s past 10 contests saw three go over the total.
- The past 10 Cardinals games averaged 5.9 more points (136.4) than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Cardinals have scored 3.2 fewer points per contest compared to their 55.9 PPG season-long scoring average.
Tarleton State vs. Lamar Betting Trends
- Tarleton State has covered the spread 13 times over 18 games with a set spread.
- The Texans have an ATS record of 1-1 when playing as at least 7-point favorites.
- Tarleton State’s games have gone over the total 10 times out of 18 chances this season.
- The Texans average just 0.2 fewer points per game (65.1) than the Cardinals allow (65.3).
- Tarleton State is 4-2 against the spread and 7-2 overall when scoring more than 65.3 points.
- Lamar has covered the spread 17 times this year (17-1-0).
- The Cardinals have an ATS record of 11-0 when playing as at least 7-point underdogs.
- Lamar’s games have gone over the total nine times out of 18 chances this season.
- The Cardinals put up an average of 55.9 points per game, 10.9 fewer points than the 66.8 the Texans give up to opponents.
- Lamar is 2-3 against the spread and 2-5 overall when it scores more than 66.8 points.
Tarleton State vs. Lamar Over/Under Trends
- Nine Tarleton State games this season have gone over Wednesday’s total of 130.5 points.
- This season, nine of Lamar’s games have finished with a combined score higher than 130.5 points.
- The total for the game of 130.5 is 9.5 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Texans (65.1 points per game) and the Cardinals (55.9 points per game).
- This matchup’s over/under is 1.6 fewer points than the 132.1 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- This season the average total for Texans games is 127.8 points, 2.7 fewer than the over/under of 130.5 points for this contest.
- Cardinals’ games have a total points bet of 137.4 points this season, 6.9 points more than the over/under for this game.
Tarleton State Team Leaders
- Montre’ Gipson: 15.4 PTS, 1.3 STL, 43 FG%, 26.5 3PT% (22-for-83)
- Tahj Small: 14.9 PTS, 1.4 STL, 45.7 FG%, 35.5 3PT% (27-for-76)
- Freddy Hicks: 11.2 PTS, 39.1 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (16-for-56)
- Shamir Bogues: 7 PTS, 2 STL, 45.9 FG%, 14.3 3PT% (3-for-21)
- Noah McDavid: 5.7 PTS, 37.9 FG%, 35.4 3PT% (17-for-48)
Lamar Team Leaders
- C.J. Roberts: 13.7 PTS, 39.8 FG%, 29.2 3PT% (19-for-65)
- Lincoln Smith: 6.4 PTS, 44.4 FG%
- Davion Buster: 11.9 PTS, 1.7 STL, 36.3 FG%, 35.8 3PT% (38-for-106)
- Kasen Harrison: 9.9 PTS, 1.1 STL, 37.7 FG%, 22.5 3PT% (9-for-40)
- Brock McClure: 5.8 PTS, 38 FG%, 28.2 3PT% (11-for-39)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.