SEC opponents meet when the South Carolina Gamecocks (11-7, 2-4 SEC) host the Vanderbilt Commodores (10-8, 2-4 SEC) at Colonial Life Arena, tipping off at 7:00 PM ET on Wednesday, January 26, 2022. The Commodores are 1.5-point underdogs in the game. The over/under for the matchup is set at 131.5.
South Carolina vs. Vanderbilt Predictions
South Carolina vs. Vanderbilt Betting Odds
|South Carolina||-1.5||131.5 points|
South Carolina vs. Vanderbilt Last 10 Games
- South Carolina is a perfect 10-0-0 against the spread in its past 10 games, and has a 4-6 straight-up record in those contests.
- South Carolina’s past 10 outings saw four go over the total.
- The last 10 Gamecocks games averaged 143 total points, 11.5 more points than this matchup’s point total.
- During their past 10 games, the Gamecocks have a points-per-game average 2.2 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Vanderbilt has a 5-5 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread nine times in those games.
- Vanderbilt and its opponents have combined to hit the over in three of the past 10 games.
- The past 10 Commodores games averaged 6.3 more points (137.8) than this matchup’s point total.
- Across their past 10 games, the Commodores have scored 2.3 fewer points per contest compared to their 68.1 PPG season-long scoring average.
South Carolina vs. Vanderbilt Betting Trends
- South Carolina has put together a 13-3-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Gamecocks have an ATS record of 5-3 when playing as at least 1.5-point favorites.
- Games involving South Carolina have hit the over five times out of 16 chances this season.
- The 71.8 points per game the Gamecocks average are 8.1 more points than the Commodores give up (63.7).
- South Carolina has a 7-2 record against the spread and an 11-1 record overall when scoring more than 63.7 points.
- Vanderbilt is 14-4-0 against the spread this year.
- The Commodores have an ATS record of 7-0 when playing as at least 1.5-point underdogs.
- Vanderbilt games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under seven times this season.
- The Commodores’ 68.1 points per game are only 0.2 more points than the 67.9 the Gamecocks allow to opponents.
- Vanderbilt is 9-4 against the spread and 10-3 overall when it scores more than 67.9 points.
South Carolina vs. Vanderbilt Over/Under Trends
- This season, South Carolina and its opponents have combined to outscore Wednesday’s total of 131.5 points 11 times.
- This season, 10 of Vanderbilt’s games have ended with a score higher than 131.5 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 139.9 points per game, 8.4 points more than the over/under of 131.5 for this matchup.
- This matchup’s over/under is 0.1 fewer points than the 131.6 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- On average, the Gamecocks have seen a 143.8 over/under in their games this season, 12.3 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this matchup is 6.1 points fewer than the average over/under in Commodores’ games this season (137.6 points).
South Carolina Team Leaders
- Erik Stevenson: 11.3 PTS, 1.3 STL, 35 FG%, 29.1 3PT% (32-for-110)
- Wildens Leveque: 8.1 PTS, 63.5 FG%
- James Reese: 9.1 PTS, 1.1 STL, 38.3 FG%, 35.6 3PT% (32-for-90)
- Devin Carter: 8.8 PTS, 44 FG%, 27.3 3PT% (9-for-33)
- Jermaine Couisnard: 8 PTS, 40.4 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (20-for-55)
Vanderbilt Team Leaders
- Scotty Pippen Jr.: 18.1 PTS, 1.7 STL, 41.6 FG%, 32 3PT% (32-for-100)
- Jordan Wright: 12.2 PTS, 1.6 STL, 38.9 FG%, 31.9 3PT% (23-for-72)
- Quentin Millora-Brown: 5.4 PTS, 1.3 BLK, 64.1 FG%
- Myles Stute: 8.2 PTS, 42 FG%, 39.3 3PT% (35-for-89)
- Jamaine Mann: 5.4 PTS, 51.7 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.