The Samford Bulldogs (11-8, 1-6 SoCon) are 1-point favorites as they attempt to break a four-game losing streak when they host the Mercer Bears (12-8, 5-2 SoCon) on Wednesday, January 26, 2022 at Pete Hanna Center. The matchup airs at 8:00 PM ET. The matchup has a point total of 149.5.
Samford vs. Mercer Predictions
Samford vs. Mercer Betting Odds
Samford vs. Mercer Last 10 Games
- Samford is 4-6 overall and 7-3-0 against the spread over its last 10 games.
- Samford and its opponents have hit the over in six of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Bulldogs games averaged 1.6 fewer points (147.9) than this matchup’s point total.
- Across their last 10 games, the Bulldogs have scored 3.5 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Mercer covered the spread seven times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- Mercer’s past 10 games saw five go over the total.
- The past 10 Bears games averaged 8.3 fewer points (141.2) than this matchup’s point total.
- Over their last 10 games, the Bears have scored 1.4 fewer points per contest compared to their 72.2 PPG season-long scoring average.
Samford vs. Mercer Betting Trends
- Samford has covered the spread 12 times over 16 games with a set spread.
- The Bulldogs have an ATS record of 3-4 when playing as at least 1-point favorites.
- Games involving Samford have hit the over nine times out of 16 chances this season.
- The Bulldogs put up 74.8 points per game, only 4.4 more points than the 70.4 the Bears allow.
- When Samford scores more than 70.4 points, it is 6-5 against the spread and 10-4 overall.
- Mercer has covered the spread in a matchup 11 times this year (11-7-0).
- In games they were an underdog in by 1 point or more so far this year, the Bears have gone 6-2 against the spread.
- Games involving Mercer have hit the over 10 times out of 18 chances this season.
- The Bears’ 72.2 points per game are just 2.7 fewer points than the 74.9 the Bulldogs allow to opponents.
- When it scores more than 74.9 points, Mercer is 5-1 against the spread and 7-1 overall.
Samford vs. Mercer Over/Under Trends
- This season, Samford and its opponents have combined to outscore Wednesday’s total of 149.5 points nine times.
- This season, four games Mercer played finished with a combined score higher than 149.5 points.
- The Bulldogs average 74.8 points per game against the Bears’ 72.2, totaling 2.5 points under the matchup’s point total of 149.5.
- This matchup’s total is 4.2 fewer points than the 145.3 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- This season the average total for Bulldogs games is 148.8 points, 0.7 fewer than the over/under of 149.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 7.6 points separates this contest’s over/under (149.5 points) and the average total points bet in Bears’ games (141.9 points) this season.
Samford Team Leaders
- Ques Glover: 17.9 PTS, 1.2 STL, 45.6 FG%, 28.3 3PT% (15-for-53)
- Jermaine Marshall: 11.2 PTS, 8.1 REB, 1.1 STL, 46.8 FG%, 28.8 3PT% (17-for-59)
- Jaden Campbell: 10.6 PTS, 1.2 STL, 40.1 FG%, 40.6 3PT% (39-for-96)
- Wesley Cardet Jr.: 8.4 PTS, 38.7 FG%, 27.3 3PT% (12-for-44)
- Jacob Tryon: 5.9 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 54.7 FG%, 34.1 3PT% (14-for-41)
Mercer Team Leaders
- Felipe Haase: 15.5 PTS, 1.5 STL, 52.4 FG%, 49 3PT% (50-for-102)
- Jalen Johnson: 14.7 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 45.6 FG%, 44 3PT% (55-for-125)
- James Glisson III: 10.9 PTS, 49 FG%, 34 3PT% (18-for-53)
- Kamar Robertson: 8.6 PTS, 1.4 STL, 35.5 FG%, 25 3PT% (16-for-64)
- Shawn Walker: 5.1 PTS, 31.5 FG%, 20 3PT% (12-for-60)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.