The Michigan Wolverines (9-7, 3-3 Big Ten) are at home in Big Ten play against the Northwestern Wildcats (9-8, 2-6 Big Ten) on Wednesday, January 26, 2022 at 6:30 PM ET. The Wolverines are favored by 8 points in the game. The matchup has an over/under of 142.5 points.
Michigan vs. Northwestern Predictions
Michigan vs. Northwestern Betting Odds
Michigan vs. Northwestern Last 10 Games
- Michigan is 6-4 overall and 5-5-0 against the spread in its past 10 games.
- Michigan’s past 10 contests saw six go over the total.
- The last 10 Wolverines games averaged 137.6 total points, 4.9 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- The Wolverines’ per-game scoring average over their last 10 games is 0.3 points higher than their season-long average.
- Northwestern covered the spread seven times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 3-7 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Northwestern games have gone over the set total six times.
- The past 10 Wildcats games averaged 1.9 fewer points (140.6) than this matchup’s point total.
- Over the last 10 games, the Wildcats are scoring 72.9 points per game compared to their 76.5 season average.
Michigan vs. Northwestern Betting Trends
- Michigan has covered the spread in a matchup seven times this season (7-8-0).
- In games they were favored in by 8 points or more so far this season, the Wolverines have gone 4-4 against the spread.
- Michigan games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under seven times out of 15 chances this season.
- The 72.6 points per game the Wolverines average are just 3.9 more points than the Wildcats allow (68.7).
- Michigan has a 7-2 record against the spread and an 8-1 record overall when scoring more than 68.7 points.
- Northwestern has covered the spread 11 times in 17 games with a set spread.
- The Wildcats are a perfect 2-0 ATS when playing as at least 8-point underdogs.
- Games involving Northwestern have hit the over 11 times this season.
- The Wildcats score an average of 76.5 points per game, 10.1 more points than the 66.4 the Wolverines give up.
- Northwestern is 5-8 against the spread and 8-7 overall when it scores more than 66.4 points.
Michigan vs. Northwestern Over/Under Trends
- Michigan and its opponents have combined to go over Wednesday’s over/under of 142.5 points four times this season.
- This season, nine games Northwestern played finished with a combined score over 142.5 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 149.1 points per game, 6.6 points more than the point total of 142.5 for this matchup.
- This game’s point total is 7.4 fewer points than the 135.1 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- On average, the over/under in Wolverines games is 2.9 points fewer than the over/under of 142.5 points in this matchup.
- A difference of 2.2 points separates this game’s over/under (142.5 points) and the average total points bet in Wildcats’ games (140.3 points) this season.
Michigan Team Leaders
- Hunter Dickinson: 17 PTS, 8.6 REB, 61.1 FG%, 39.1 3PT% (9-for-23)
- Eli Brooks: 11.5 PTS, 1.3 STL, 41.8 FG%, 36.2 3PT% (25-for-69)
- DeVante Jones: 8.4 PTS, 45.6 FG%, 43.8 3PT% (14-for-32)
- Caleb: 10.3 PTS, 39.9 FG%, 35.4 3PT% (28-for-79)
- Moussa Diabate: 9.1 PTS, 57 FG%, 30 3PT% (3-for-10)
Northwestern Team Leaders
- Pete Nance: 16.1 PTS, 7.3 REB, 1.4 BLK, 51.8 FG%, 44 3PT% (22-for-50)
- Boo Buie: 15 PTS, 5.5 AST, 38.9 FG%, 35.2 3PT% (38-for-108)
- Ryan Young: 9.9 PTS, 57.3 FG%
- Robbie Beran: 6.6 PTS, 46.8 FG%, 32.6 3PT% (15-for-46)
- Chase Audige: 7.3 PTS, 1.1 STL, 37.7 FG%, 26.1 3PT% (12-for-46)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.