The Rutgers Scarlet Knights (11-7, 5-3 Big Ten) are favored (by 4.5 points) to build on a seven-game home winning streak when they host the Maryland Terrapins (10-9, 2-6 Big Ten) on Tuesday, January 25, 2022 at 8:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 132.5.
Rutgers vs. Maryland Predictions
Rutgers vs. Maryland Betting Odds
Rutgers vs. Maryland Last 10 Games
- Rutgers has a 6-4 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- Rutgers’ last 10 outings saw six hit the over.
- The Scarlet Knights’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 136.8 points scored. That’s 4.3 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over the past 10 games, the Scarlet Knights are scoring 3.4 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Maryland has a 5-5 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- Maryland’s last 10 contests saw seven go over the total.
- The last 10 Terrapins games averaged 138.1 total points, 5.6 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- During the last 10 games, the Terrapins are scoring 73.3 points per game compared to their 71.1 season average.
Rutgers vs. Maryland Betting Trends
- Rutgers has registered a 4-5-1 record against the spread this season.
- The Scarlet Knights have an ATS record of 1-3-1 when playing as at least 4.5-point favorites.
- This season, Rutgers’ games have hit the over six times out of 10 chances.
- The Scarlet Knights score 67.6 points per game, just 1.9 fewer points than the 69.5 the Terrapins give up.
- When Rutgers scores more than 69.5 points, it is 2-3 against the spread and 9-2 overall.
- Maryland is 7-12-0 against the spread this year.
- In games they were an underdog in by 4.5 points or more so far this year, the Terrapins went 4-2 against the spread.
- This year, Maryland’s games have hit the over nine times.
- The Terrapins average 6.9 more points per game (71.1) than the Scarlet Knights give up (64.2).
- Maryland is 7-6 against the spread and 10-3 overall when it scores more than 64.2 points.
Rutgers vs. Maryland Over/Under Trends
- Rutgers and its opponents have combined to outscore Tuesday’s over/under of 132.5 points six times this season.
- There have been 13 Maryland games that have ended with a combined score higher than 132.5 points this season.
- The Scarlet Knights average 67.6 points per game against the Terrapins’ 71.1, amounting to 6.2 points over the matchup’s point total of 132.5.
- These two teams give up a combined 133.7 points per game, 1.2 more than this contest’s over/under.
- The Scarlet Knights have seen a 136.8 average over/under in their games this season, 4.3 points more than the over/under in this contest.
- Terrapins’ games have a total points bet of 138.4 points this season, 5.9 points more than the over/under for this game.
Rutgers Team Leaders
- Ron Harper Jr.: 16.3 PTS, 1.5 STL, 45.3 FG%, 45.7 3PT% (42-for-92)
- Clifford Omoruyi: 10.7 PTS, 8 REB, 1.1 BLK, 57.5 FG%
- Paul Mulcahy: 7.1 PTS, 5.1 AST, 1.1 STL, 37.3 FG%, 32.6 3PT% (14-for-43)
- Caleb McConnell: 6.6 PTS, 1.9 STL, 37.2 FG%, 24.1 3PT% (7-for-29)
- Geo Baker: 10.4 PTS, 41.3 FG%, 33.7 3PT% (28-for-83)
Maryland Team Leaders
- Eric Ayala: 15.9 PTS, 39.9 FG%, 35.9 3PT% (47-for-131)
- Donta Scott: 13 PTS, 44.7 FG%, 30.9 3PT% (25-for-81)
- Fatts Russell: 12.6 PTS, 40.2 FG%, 27.5 3PT% (14-for-51)
- Hakim Hart: 9.7 PTS, 1.7 STL, 52.1 FG%, 30 3PT% (15-for-50)
- Qudus Wahab: 8.3 PTS, 56.7 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.