The Akron Zips (12-5, 5-2 MAC) are heavily favored (-11.5) to continue a three-game winning streak when they visit the Central Michigan Chippewas (2-12, 1-2 MAC) at 7:00 PM ET on Tuesday, January 25, 2022 at McGuirk Arena. The point total for the matchup is set at 139.5.
Akron vs. Central Michigan Predictions
Akron vs. Central Michigan Betting Odds
Akron vs. Central Michigan Last 10 Games
- Akron has a 8-2 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread three times in those games.
- Akron and its opponents have combined to hit the over in six of those 10 games.
- The Zips’ past 10 outings have ended with an average of 138.9 points scored. That’s 0.6 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Zips’ per-game scoring average during their past 10 games is 0.5 points lower than their season-long average.
- Central Michigan is a perfect 10-0-0 against the spread over its last 10 games, and has a 1-9 straight-up record in those matchups.
- Central Michigan and its opponents have combined to hit the over in five of the past 10 games.
- The Chippewas’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 145.9 points scored. That’s 6.4 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Chippewas’ per-game scoring average over their last 10 games is 65.4, 0.8 points higher than their season-long per-game average.
Akron vs. Central Michigan Betting Trends
- Akron has covered the spread in a matchup five times this season (5-10-0).
- The Zips have not covered a spread when playing as at least 11.5-point favorites (0-2).
- This season, eight of Akron’s games have gone over the point total out of 16 chances.
- The 72.4 points per game the Zips score are 11.5 fewer points than the Chippewas allow (83.9).
- Akron is 4-0 against the spread and 6-0 overall when scoring more than 83.9 points.
- Central Michigan has registered a 13-1-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they were an underdog in by 11.5 points or more so far this season, the Chippewas went 9-0 against the spread.
- This year, eight of Central Michigan’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Chippewas’ 64.6 points per game are only 2.1 more points than the 62.5 the Zips give up to opponents.
- Central Michigan has put together a 4-5 ATS record and a 1-8 overall record in games it scores more than 62.5 points.
Akron vs. Central Michigan Over/Under Trends
- Akron and its opponents have combined to outscore Tuesday’s total (139.5 points) six times this season.
- This season, 10 games Central Michigan played finished with a combined score higher than 139.5 points.
- The Zips average 72.4 points per game against the Chippewas’ 64.6, amounting to 2.5 points under the game’s point total of 139.5.
- These two teams surrender a combined 146.4 points per game, 6.9 more than this contest’s over/under.
- This season the average total for Zips games is 137.3 points, 2.2 fewer than the over/under of 139.5 points for this contest.
- Chippewas’ games have a total points bet of 145.3 points this season, 5.8 points more than the over/under for this game.
Akron Team Leaders
- Enrique Freeman: 12 PTS, 10.8 REB, 63.1 FG%
- Xavier Castaneda: 13.4 PTS, 40.4 FG%, 39 3PT% (39-for-100)
- Ali Ali: 14 PTS, 47.4 FG%, 45.5 3PT% (25-for-55)
- Greg Tribble: 7 PTS, 1.3 STL, 44.2 FG%, 22.2 3PT% (4-for-18)
- Bryan Trimble Jr.: 10.9 PTS, 37 FG%, 34.1 3PT% (44-for-129)
Central Michigan Team Leaders
- Kevin Miller: 9.7 PTS, 1.2 STL, 42.3 FG%, 37.9 3PT% (11-for-29)
- Ralph Bissainthe: 9.4 PTS, 7.1 REB, 1.4 STL, 43.6 FG%, 34.4 3PT% (11-for-32)
- Oscar Lopez Jr.: 9.2 PTS, 43.8 FG%, 38.5 3PT% (10-for-26)
- Harrison Henderson: 9.6 PTS, 36.8 FG%, 37.8 3PT% (14-for-37)
- Jermaine Jackson Jr.: 10.4 PTS, 36.3 FG%, 37.3 3PT% (25-for-67)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.