The Texas Southern Tigers (6-10, 4-3 SWAC) host the Alabama State Hornets (5-14, 3-3 SWAC) after winning three straight home games. The Tigers are double-digit favorites by 11.5 points in the contest, which begins at 8:30 PM ET on Monday, January 24, 2022. The point total is 137.5 in the matchup.
Texas Southern vs. Alabama State Predictions
Texas Southern vs. Alabama State Betting Odds
|Texas Southern||-11.5||137.5 points|
Texas Southern vs. Alabama State Last 10 Games
- Texas Southern is 6-4 overall and 8-2-0 against the spread over its last 10 games.
- Texas Southern and its opponents have combined to hit the over in four of those 10 games.
- The Tigers’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 137.3 points scored. That’s 0.2 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Tigers’ per-game scoring average during their last 10 games is 3.6 points higher than their season-long average.
- Alabama State has a 3-7 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread eight times in those games.
- The Hornets and their opponents have hit the over one time in those games.
- The last 10 Hornets games averaged 140.4 total points, 2.9 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- In the last 10 games, the Hornets are scoring 63.7 points per game compared to their 67.3 season average.
Texas Southern vs. Alabama State Betting Trends
- Texas Southern has put together a 13-3-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Tigers have an ATS record of 3-0 when playing as at least 11.5-point favorites.
- Texas Southern games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under five times this season.
- The Tigers record eight fewer points per game (67.3) than the Hornets allow (75.3).
- Texas Southern is 3-0 against the spread and 3-0 overall when scoring more than 75.3 points.
- Alabama State has covered the spread 16 times in 18 games with a set spread.
- The Hornets are 9-0 ATS when playing as at least 11.5-point underdogs.
- Alabama State games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under seven times out of 18 chances this year.
- The Hornets’ 67.3 points per game are just one more point than the 66.3 the Tigers allow.
- Alabama State has put together a 7-2 ATS record and a 4-6 overall record in games it scores more than 66.3 points.
Texas Southern vs. Alabama State Over/Under Trends
- This season, Texas Southern games have seen a combined score higher than this game’s 137.5-point over/under six times.
- This season, 11 of Alabama State’s games have ended with a score higher than 137.5 points.
- The Tigers average 67.3 points per game against the Hornets’ 67.3, totaling 2.9 points under the matchup’s total of 137.5.
- These two teams surrender a combined 141.6 points per game, 4.1 more than this contest’s over/under.
- This season, the average total for Tigers games is 138.3 points, 0.8 more than the over/under of 137.5 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 4.3 points fewer than the average over/under in Hornets’ games this season (141.8 points).
Texas Southern Team Leaders
- Joirdon Karl Nicholas: 9.7 PTS, 57.3 FG%
- John Walker III: 10.3 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 43.1 FG%, 38.5 3PT% (10-for-26)
- Brison Gresham: 7 PTS, 7 REB, 1.4 BLK, 61.5 FG%
- PJ Henry: 10.6 PTS, 45.6 FG%, 46.7 3PT% (21-for-45)
- Jordan Gilliam: 4.8 PTS, 36 FG%, 35.7 3PT% (10-for-28)
Alabama State Team Leaders
- Gerald Liddell: 11.4 PTS, 1.2 STL, 43.8 FG%, 41.4 3PT% (12-for-29)
- Kenny Strawbridge: 9.6 PTS, 1.4 STL, 41.9 FG%, 24.3 3PT% (9-for-37)
- Jordan O’Neal: 8.1 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 53.3 FG%
- Isaiah Range: 9.3 PTS, 45.8 FG%, 32 3PT% (16-for-50)
- DJ Jackson: 4.8 PTS, 1.5 STL, 32.4 FG%, 23.8 3PT% (5-for-21)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.