The North Carolina Tar Heels (12-6, 4-3 ACC) are favored (by 3.5 points) to continue a seven-game home winning streak when they host the Virginia Tech Hokies (10-8, 2-5 ACC) on Monday, January 24, 2022 at 8:00 PM ET.
North Carolina vs. Virginia Tech Predictions
North Carolina vs. Virginia Tech Betting Odds
North Carolina vs. Virginia Tech Last 10 Games
- North Carolina covered the spread seven times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- North Carolina’s last 10 outings saw five go over the total.
- During the past 10 games, the Tar Heels are scoring 2.7 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Virginia Tech covered the spread five times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 5-5 record straight-up in those games.
- Virginia Tech and its opponents have hit the over in six of the past 10 games.
- In the last 10 games, the Hokies are scoring 68.1 points per game compared to their 69.1 season average.
North Carolina vs. Virginia Tech Betting Trends
- North Carolina has covered the spread 10 times this season (10-8-0).
- In games they have played as 3.5-point favorites or more, the Tar Heels have an ATS record of 6-5.
- This season, North Carolina’s games have hit the over nine times.
- The Tar Heels record 18.1 more points per game (77.9) than the Hokies allow (59.8).
- North Carolina has a 7-9 record against the spread and a 12-5 record overall when putting up more than 59.8 points.
- Virginia Tech is 10-7-0 against the spread this year.
- The Hokies are a perfect 1-0 ATS when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- Virginia Tech games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under seven times out of 17 chances this season.
- The Hokies average only 3.5 fewer points per game (69.1) than the Tar Heels allow their opponents to score (72.6).
- When it scores more than 72.6 points, Virginia Tech is 5-1 against the spread and 6-0 overall.
North Carolina Team Leaders
- Armando Bacot: 16.9 PTS, 11.3 REB, 1.3 BLK, 62.2 FG%
- Caleb Love: 14.6 PTS, 1.2 STL, 41.5 FG%, 41.9 3PT% (39-for-93)
- RJ Davis: 13.4 PTS, 46.9 FG%, 42.5 3PT% (31-for-73)
- Brady Manek: 12.9 PTS, 47.8 FG%, 36.1 3PT% (35-for-97)
- Dawson Garcia: 8.5 PTS, 40.5 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (12-for-32)
Virginia Tech Team Leaders
- Keve Aluma: 15.7 PTS, 50.9 FG%, 23.3 3PT% (10-for-43)
- Justyn Mutts: 10.1 PTS, 7.1 REB, 1.2 STL, 54.7 FG%, 35.7 3PT% (10-for-28)
- Hunter Cattoor: 9.7 PTS, 1.1 STL, 44.4 FG%, 45.6 3PT% (41-for-90)
- Nahiem Alleyne: 10.4 PTS, 33.9 FG%, 35.2 3PT% (32-for-91)
- Storm Murphy: 8.6 PTS, 45 FG%, 36.7 3PT% (29-for-79)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.