The No. 4 Purdue Boilermakers (15-3, 4-3 Big Ten) are at home in Big Ten play against the Northwestern Wildcats (9-7, 2-5 Big Ten) on Sunday, January 23, 2022 at 1:00 PM ET. The Boilermakers are double-digit favorites by 13 points in the game. The over/under for the matchup is set at 150.5.
Purdue vs. Northwestern Predictions
Purdue vs. Northwestern Betting Odds
Purdue vs. Northwestern Last 10 Games
- Purdue covered the spread twice in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 8-2 record straight-up in those games.
- Purdue and its opponents have combined to hit the over in six of those 10 games.
- The last 10 Boilermakers games averaged 144.9 total points, 5.6 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over their past 10 games, the Boilermakers have a points-per-game average 3.5 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Northwestern has a 3-7 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread seven times in those games.
- Northwestern’s past 10 games saw seven go over the total.
- The last 10 Wildcats games averaged 139.5 total points, 11 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- Across their past 10 games, the Wildcats have scored 2.9 fewer points per contest compared to their 77.6 PPG season-long scoring average.
Purdue vs. Northwestern Betting Trends
- Purdue has covered the spread eight times this season (8-9-0).
- In games they were favored in by 13 points or more so far this season, the Boilermakers have gone 5-5 against the spread.
- Games involving Purdue have hit the over 11 times out of 17 chances this season.
- The Boilermakers score 85 points per game, 17 more points than the 68 the Wildcats allow.
- Purdue is 8-7 against the spread and 15-1 overall when scoring more than 68 points.
- Northwestern has registered a 10-6-0 record against the spread this year.
- Northwestern games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 11 times this season.
- The Wildcats’ 77.6 points per game are 9.8 more points than the 67.8 the Boilermakers give up to opponents.
- When it scores more than 67.8 points, Northwestern is 4-7 against the spread and 7-6 overall.
Purdue vs. Northwestern Over/Under Trends
- Nine Purdue games this season have gone over Sunday’s over/under of 150.5 points.
- This season, four games Northwestern played finished with a combined score higher than 150.5 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 162.6 points per game, 12.1 points more than the over/under of 150.5 for this contest.
- This game’s total is 14.7 fewer points than the 135.8 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- The Boilermakers have seen a 145.4 average over/under in their games this season, 5.1 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- Wildcats games have an over/under of 139.8 points this season, 10.7 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
Purdue Team Leaders
- Jaden Ivey: 16.7 PTS, 1.2 STL, 48.5 FG%, 42.4 3PT% (36-for-85)
- Trevion Williams: 12.7 PTS, 8.3 REB, 57.1 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (3-for-8)
- Zach Edey: 15.4 PTS, 7.6 REB, 1.3 BLK, 71.2 FG%
- Sasha Stefanovic: 11.6 PTS, 40.9 FG%, 40 3PT% (46-for-115)
- Caleb Furst: 4.9 PTS, 55.2 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (6-for-16)
Northwestern Team Leaders
- Pete Nance: 16.6 PTS, 7.6 REB, 1.5 BLK, 51.1 FG%, 42.9 3PT% (21-for-49)
- Boo Buie: 14.9 PTS, 5.6 AST, 38.6 FG%, 33 3PT% (33-for-100)
- Ryan Young: 10.2 PTS, 58.3 FG%
- Robbie Beran: 6.5 PTS, 46 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (14-for-42)
- Chase Audige: 7.7 PTS, 1.1 STL, 39.5 FG%, 29.3 3PT% (12-for-41)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.