The No. 21 Providence Friars (15-2, 5-1 Big East) host the Butler Bulldogs (9-9, 2-5 Big East) after winning eight home games in a row. The Friars are favored by 9 points in the matchup, which starts at 12:00 PM ET on Sunday, January 23, 2022. The matchup’s point total is 127.
Providence vs. Butler Predictions
Providence vs. Butler Betting Odds
Providence vs. Butler Last 10 Games
- Providence has a 8-2 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- The final score of the past 10 Providence games has gone over the set total four times.
- The Friars’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 135.5 points scored. That’s 8.5 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- Across their last 10 games, the Friars have scored 4.2 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Butler has a 5-5 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread eight times in those games.
- Butler and its opponents have hit the over in five of the past 10 games.
- The last 10 Bulldogs games averaged 129.2 total points, 2.2 more points than this matchup’s point total.
- The Bulldogs’ per-game scoring average over their past 10 games is 61.2, 0.9 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Providence vs. Butler Betting Trends
- Providence is 6-9-0 against the spread this season.
- The Friars have an ATS record of 1-4 when playing as at least 9-point favorites.
- This season, Providence’s games have hit the over eight times out of 16 chances.
- The 70.5 points per game the Friars score are 5.6 more points than the Bulldogs give up (64.9).
- When Providence puts up more than 64.9 points, it is 7-4 against the spread and 13-0 overall.
- Butler has covered the spread 13 times this year (13-4-0).
- The Bulldogs are a perfect 5-0 ATS when playing as at least 9-point underdogs.
- This season, six of Butler’s games have gone over the point total out of 17 chances.
- The Bulldogs score an average of 62.1 points per game, just 2.1 fewer points than the 64.2 the Friars give up.
- Butler has put together a 3-4 ATS record and a 7-1 overall record in games it scores more than 64.2 points.
Providence vs. Butler Over/Under Trends
- This season, Providence and its opponents have combined to outscore Sunday’s total of 127 points nine times.
- There have been eight Butler games that have finished with a combined score over 127 points this season.
- The Friars average 70.5 points per game against the Bulldogs’ 62.1, amounting to 5.6 points over the matchup’s point total of 127.
- The 129.1 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 2.1 more than the 127 total in this contest.
- On average, the Friars have seen a 135.7 over/under in their games this season, 8.7 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this contest is 3.2 points fewer than the average over/under in Bulldogs’ games this season (130.2 points).
Providence Team Leaders
- Noah Horchler: 10.1 PTS, 8.3 REB, 44.6 FG%, 42.4 3PT% (28-for-66)
- Nate Watson: 13.8 PTS, 56.5 FG%
- Al Durham: 13.4 PTS, 36.1 FG%, 25.8 3PT% (16-for-62)
- Justin Minaya: 5.7 PTS, 41.4 FG%, 31 3PT% (13-for-42)
- A.J. Reeves: 9.4 PTS, 39.7 FG%, 36.1 3PT% (30-for-83)
Butler Team Leaders
- Jayden Taylor: 9.7 PTS, 40.2 FG%, 28.8 3PT% (17-for-59)
- Aaron Thompson: 6.2 PTS, 1.3 STL, 44.4 FG%, 15.4 3PT% (2-for-13)
- Chuck Harris: 9.6 PTS, 34 FG%, 32.5 3PT% (26-for-80)
- Bryce Golden: 9.2 PTS, 55.9 FG%, 37 3PT% (10-for-27)
- Jair Bolden: 8.6 PTS, 35 FG%, 34.3 3PT% (34-for-99)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.