The Montana State Bobcats (13-5, 5-2 Big Sky) are 3.5-point favorites as they look to continue a four-game winning streak when they visit the Portland State Vikings (4-10, 2-4 Big Sky) on Saturday, January 22, 2022 at Viking Pavillion. The contest airs at 10:00 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is 136.5.
Montana State vs. Portland State Predictions
Montana State vs. Portland State Betting Odds
|Montana State||-3.5||136.5 points|
Montana State vs. Portland State Last 10 Games
- Montana State covered the spread six times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 8-2 record straight-up in those games.
- Montana State and its opponents have combined to hit the over in five of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Bobcats games averaged 2.7 more points (139.2) than this matchup’s point total.
- The Bobcats’ per-game scoring average over their last 10 games is 5.2 points lower than their season-long average.
- Portland State has a 2-8 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- Portland State and its opponents have hit the over in three of the past 10 games.
- The last 10 Vikings games averaged 138.4 total points, 1.9 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their last 10 games, the Vikings have a 63.4 points-per-game average, 4.9 points below their season-long scoring average.
Montana State vs. Portland State Betting Trends
- Montana State is 11-5-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 3.5-point favorites or more, the Bobcats have an ATS record of 6-4.
- Montana State’s games have gone over the total nine times out of 16 chances this season.
- The Bobcats average 77.8 points per game, 9.8 more points than the 68 the Vikings give up.
- When Montana State puts up more than 68 points, it is 6-4-1 against the spread and 8-5 overall.
- Portland State has covered the spread six times over 12 games with a set spread.
- In games they were an underdog in by 3.5 points or more so far this year, the Vikings have gone 6-2 against the spread.
- Portland State games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under three times out of 12 chances this season.
- The Vikings’ 68.3 points per game are just 0.9 fewer points than the 69.2 the Bobcats allow to opponents.
Montana State vs. Portland State Over/Under Trends
- Montana State and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s total (136.5 points) 10 times this season.
- In Portland State’s 12 games this season, four have finished with more combined scoring than Saturday’s over/under of 136.5.
- Together, the two teams combine for 146.1 points per game, 9.6 points more than the over/under of 136.5 for this matchup.
- The 137.2 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 0.7 more than the 136.5 total in this contest.
- On average, the Bobcats have seen a 141.7 over/under in their games this season, 5.2 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 2.8 points separates the average total points bet in Vikings’ games (139.3 points) and this game’s over/under (136.5 points).
Montana State Team Leaders
- Jubrile Belo: 13.6 PTS, 1.6 BLK, 60.3 FG%, 50 3PT% (2-for-4)
- Xavier Bishop: 12.9 PTS, 40.5 FG%, 34.7 3PT% (25-for-72)
- Abdul Mohamed: 8.8 PTS, 45.6 FG%, 50 3PT% (23-for-46)
- Amin Adamu: 11.4 PTS, 49.7 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (12-for-32)
- Tyler Patterson: 9.4 PTS, 44.2 FG%, 41.3 3PT% (43-for-104)
Portland State Team Leaders
- Khalid Thomas: 10.1 PTS, 1.6 STL, 38.3 FG%, 23.5 3PT% (16-for-68)
- James Jean-Marie: 12.9 PTS, 9.2 REB, 52.2 FG%, 40 3PT% (4-for-10)
- Michael Carter III: 9.2 PTS, 1.2 STL, 33 FG%, 30.6 3PT% (11-for-36)
- Ezekiel Alley: 7.2 PTS, 1.1 STL, 40 FG%, 28.9 3PT% (11-for-38)
- Marlon Ruffin: 11.1 PTS, 38.3 FG%, 26.3 3PT% (10-for-38)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.