The UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros (6-12, 1-5 WAC) are slight underdogs (by 2.5 points) to break a three-game road losing streak when they visit the Dixie State Trailblazers (9-10, 2-4 WAC) on Saturday, January 22, 2022 at 9:00 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is 156.5.
Dixie State vs. UT Rio Grande Valley Predictions
Dixie State vs. UT Rio Grande Valley Betting Odds
|Dixie State||-2.5||156.5 points|
Dixie State vs. UT Rio Grande Valley Last 10 Games
- Dixie State is 4-6 overall and 10-0-0 against the spread in its past 10 contests.
- The final score of the last 10 Dixie State games has surpassed the set total four times.
- The past 10 Trailblazers games averaged 7.1 fewer points (149.4) than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Trailblazers have scored 7.2 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- UT Rio Grande Valley covered the spread nine times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 2-8 record straight-up in those games.
- UT Rio Grande Valley’s last 10 games saw five go over the total.
- The last 10 Vaqueros games averaged 148.1 total points, 8.4 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- In the past 10 games, the Vaqueros are scoring 69.2 points per game compared to their 72.4 season average.
Dixie State vs. UT Rio Grande Valley Betting Trends
- Dixie State has compiled a 13-1-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Trailblazers have a perfect 3-0 ATS record when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites.
- Games involving Dixie State have hit the over seven times out of 14 chances this season.
- The Trailblazers put up 76.9 points per game, just 0.7 fewer points than the 77.6 the Vaqueros give up.
- Dixie State is 4-0 against the spread and 8-0 overall when scoring more than 77.6 points.
- UT Rio Grande Valley has registered a 14-2-0 record against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 2.5-point underdogs or more, the Vaqueros have an ATS record of 12-1.
- Games involving UT Rio Grande Valley have hit the over 10 times out of 16 chances this season.
- The Vaqueros score only 2.2 fewer points per game (72.4) than the Trailblazers give up (74.6).
- When it scores more than 74.6 points, UT Rio Grande Valley is 6-1 against the spread and 3-5 overall.
Dixie State vs. UT Rio Grande Valley Over/Under Trends
- Dixie State and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s total (156.5 points) four times this season.
- There have been seven UT Rio Grande Valley games that have ended with a combined score higher than 156.5 points this season.
- The Trailblazers average 76.9 points per game against the Vaqueros’ 72.4, amounting to 7.2 points under the game’s over/under of 156.5.
- The 152.2 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 4.3 fewer than the 156.5 total in this contest.
- The Trailblazers have seen a 150.9 average over/under in their games this season, 5.6 points fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- A difference of 9.7 points separates this game’s over/under (156.5 points) and the average total points bet in Vaqueros’ games (146.8 points) this season.
Dixie State Team Leaders
- Cameron Gooden: 13.1 PTS, 46.1 FG%, 29.5 3PT% (18-for-61)
- Hunter Schofield: 14.1 PTS, 51 FG%, 34.9 3PT% (15-for-43)
- Dancell Leter: 9.2 PTS, 47.6 FG%, 34.5 3PT% (10-for-29)
- Frank Staine: 8.6 PTS, 1.1 STL, 44.6 FG%, 37.1 3PT% (26-for-70)
- Jacob Nicolds: 5.2 PTS, 42 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (12-for-33)
UT Rio Grande Valley Team Leaders
- Justin Johnson: 16.1 PTS, 49.8 FG%, 36.5 3PT% (19-for-52)
- Mike Adewunmi: 9.8 PTS, 42.9 FG%, 30.2 3PT% (19-for-63)
- Marek Nelson: 10.3 PTS, 1.7 STL, 46.3 FG%, 29.4 3PT% (15-for-51)
- Ricky Nelson: 9.1 PTS, 42.1 FG%, 46.2 3PT% (12-for-26)
- RayQuan Taylor: 6.4 PTS, 60.3 FG%, 26.7 3PT% (4-for-15)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.