The BYU Cougars (16-4, 4-1 WCC) are heavy favorites (-19.5) as they try to extend an 11-game home win streak when they square off against the Portland Pilots (10-8, 1-2 WCC) on Saturday, January 22, 2022 at Marriott Center. The matchup airs at 9:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at 142.5 points.
BYU vs. Portland Predictions
BYU vs. Portland Betting Odds
BYU vs. Portland Last 10 Games
- BYU is 7-3 overall and 6-4-0 against the spread in its last 10 contests.
- BYU and its opponents have combined to hit the over in six of those 10 games.
- The Cougars’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 138.6 points scored. That’s 3.9 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- Across their past 10 games, the Cougars have scored 1.8 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Portland covered the spread six times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 4-6 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Portland games have surpassed the set total five times.
- The past 10 Pilots games averaged 0.2 more points (142.7) than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Pilots have a 71.3 points-per-game average, 2.4 points below their season-long scoring average.
BYU vs. Portland Betting Trends
- BYU has covered the spread 10 times over 18 games with a set spread.
- The Cougars have yet to cover a spread when playing as at least 19.5-point favorites (0-1).
- This season, BYU’s games have hit the over nine times out of 18 chances.
- The 73.8 points per game the Cougars record are only 2.5 more points than the Pilots allow (71.3).
- When BYU scores more than 71.3 points, it is 6-4 against the spread and 10-1 overall.
- Portland has covered the spread 10 times in 17 games with a set spread.
- The Pilots have a perfect 1-0 ATS record when playing as at least 19.5-point underdogs.
- This season, Portland’s games have hit the over six times out of 17 chances.
- The Pilots score 8.6 more points per game (73.7) than the Cougars allow their opponents to score (65.1).
- Portland is 6-5 against the spread and 8-4 overall when it scores more than 65.1 points.
BYU vs. Portland Over/Under Trends
- BYU and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (142.5 points) seven times this season.
- This season, seven games Portland played finished with a combined score higher than 142.5 points.
- The total for the contest of 142.5 is 5.0 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Cougars (73.8 points per game) and the Pilots (73.7 points per game).
- These two teams give up a combined 136.4 points per game, 6.1 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- The Cougars have seen a 139.1 average over/under in their games this season, 3.4 points fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- A difference of 2.4 points separates the average total points bet in Pilots’ games (144.9 points) and this contest’s over/under (142.5 points).
BYU Team Leaders
- Alex Barcello: 17.1 PTS, 47.2 FG%, 46.3 3PT% (50-for-108)
- Fousseyni Traore: 8.4 PTS, 8.0 REB, 1.4 BLK, 54.1 FG%
- Te’Jon Lucas: 10.1 PTS, 40.7 FG%, 33.9 3PT% (19-for-56)
- Caleb Lohner: 6.8 PTS, 40.0 FG%, 13.8 3PT% (4-for-29)
- Gideon George: 7.1 PTS, 37.0 FG%, 31.1 3PT% (19-for-61)
Portland Team Leaders
- Tyler Robertson: 13.9 PTS, 1.2 STL, 36.2 FG%, 32.0 3PT% (31-for-97)
- Chris Austin: 14.7 PTS, 42.9 FG%, 36.8 3PT% (28-for-76)
- Michael Meadows: 11.0 PTS, 1.2 STL, 40.1 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (19-for-57)
- Moses Wood: 14.4 PTS, 51.0 FG%, 45.9 3PT% (34-for-74)
- Chika Nduka: 6.9 PTS, 55.3 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (2-for-7)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.