The Winthrop Eagles (11-6, 4-0 Big South) are favored (by 4.5 points) to build on an eight-game home winning streak when they host the Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs (9-9, 3-2 Big South) on Saturday, January 22, 2022 at 2:00 PM ET. The matchup’s over/under is set at 144.5.
Winthrop vs. Gardner-Webb Predictions
Winthrop vs. Gardner-Webb Betting Odds
Winthrop vs. Gardner-Webb Last 10 Games
- Winthrop is 2-8-0 against the spread and 8-2 overall during its last 10 games.
- Winthrop’s past 10 games saw six hit the over.
- The last 10 Eagles games averaged 145.1 total points, 0.6 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Eagles have scored 4.6 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Gardner-Webb covered the spread five times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 4-6 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Gardner-Webb games have gone over the set total four times.
- The past 10 Runnin’ Bulldogs games averaged 4.6 fewer points (139.9) than this matchup’s point total.
- In their past 10 games, the Runnin’ Bulldogs have a 68.2 points-per-game average, four points below their season-long scoring average.
Winthrop vs. Gardner-Webb Betting Trends
- Winthrop is 4-11-0 against the spread this season.
- The Eagles are 1-6 ATS when playing as at least 4.5-point favorites.
- This season, Winthrop’s games have hit the over 10 times out of 15 chances.
- The 76.5 points per game the Eagles score are 10.4 more points than the Runnin’ Bulldogs give up (66.1).
- Winthrop has a 4-5 record against the spread and a 10-1 record overall when putting up more than 66.1 points.
- Gardner-Webb has covered the spread 10 times in 15 games with a set spread.
- The Runnin’ Bulldogs have an ATS record of 4-1 when playing as at least 4.5-point underdogs.
- Games involving Gardner-Webb have hit the over seven times out of 15 chances this year.
- The Runnin’ Bulldogs score an average of 72.2 points per game, just 0.1 more points than the 72.1 the Eagles give up to opponents.
- When it scores more than 72.1 points, Gardner-Webb is 4-1 against the spread and 8-0 overall.
Winthrop vs. Gardner-Webb Over/Under Trends
- Nine Winthrop games this season have gone over Saturday’s total of 144.5 points.
- In Gardner-Webb’s 15 games this season, five have finished with more combined scoring than Saturday’s over/under of 144.5.
- The over/under for the matchup of 144.5 is 4.2 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Eagles (76.5 points per game) and the Runnin’ Bulldogs (72.2 points per game).
- This game’s over/under is 6.3 fewer points than the 138.2 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- The Eagles have seen a 145.2 average over/under in their games this season, 0.7 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- Runnin’ Bulldogs games have an over/under of 140.8 points this season, 3.7 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
Winthrop Team Leaders
- D.J. Burns: 15.8 PTS, 62.3 FG%
- Patrick Good: 12.5 PTS, 1.2 STL, 53.5 FG%, 47.2 3PT% (50-for-106)
- Cory Hightower: 10.3 PTS, 45 FG%, 43.9 3PT% (25-for-57)
- Michael Anumba: 7.5 PTS, 45.8 FG%, 35 3PT% (14-for-40)
- Drew Buggs: 5.1 PTS, 44.3 FG%, 38.1 3PT% (8-for-21)
Gardner-Webb Team Leaders
- D’Maurian Williams: 14.1 PTS, 1.1 STL, 41.2 FG%, 38.5 3PT% (45-for-117)
- Kareem Reid: 11 PTS, 1.6 BLK, 61.6 FG%
- Lance Terry: 13.8 PTS, 1.1 STL, 46.9 FG%, 30.8 3PT% (28-for-91)
- Anthony Selden: 7.7 PTS, 1.3 BLK, 46.8 FG%, 37.3 3PT% (19-for-51)
- Jordan Sears: 8.5 PTS, 39.7 FG%, 24.6 3PT% (15-for-61)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.