The Boston College Eagles (7-9, 2-4 ACC) host the Virginia Tech Hokies (10-7, 2-4 ACC) after losing three straight home games. The Hokies are favored by 5.5 points in the contest, which tips at 12:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 22, 2022. The over/under is 129.5 for the matchup.
Virginia Tech vs. Boston College Predictions
Virginia Tech vs. Boston College Betting Odds
|Virginia Tech||-5.5||129.5 points|
Virginia Tech vs. Boston College Last 10 Games
- Virginia Tech is 6-4 overall and 5-5-0 against the spread in its last 10 contests.
- The final score of the last 10 Virginia Tech games has gone over the set total five times.
- The Hokies’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 133.3 points scored. That’s 3.8 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over their past 10 games, the Hokies have a points-per-game average 1.4 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Boston College has a 3-7 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- Boston College and its opponents have hit the over in five of the past 10 games.
- The last 10 Eagles games averaged 131.8 total points, 2.3 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- Across their past 10 games, the Eagles have scored 0.3 fewer points per contest compared to their 67 PPG season-long scoring average.
Virginia Tech vs. Boston College Betting Trends
- Virginia Tech has covered the spread in a game 10 times this season (10-6-0).
- The Hokies have an ATS record of 6-4 when playing as at least 5.5-point favorites.
- Games involving Virginia Tech have hit the over six times out of 16 chances this season.
- The Hokies score 69.4 points per game, just 3.5 more points than the 65.9 the Eagles allow.
- Virginia Tech has a 6-1 record against the spread and a 7-0 record overall when putting up more than 65.9 points.
- Boston College is 11-5-0 against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 5.5-point underdogs or more, the Eagles have an ATS record of 5-0.
- Games involving Boston College have hit the over nine times out of 17 chances this season.
- The Eagles score 7.7 more points per game (67) than the Hokies give up to opponents (59.3).
- Boston College is 6-6 against the spread and 7-6 overall when it scores more than 59.3 points.
Virginia Tech vs. Boston College Over/Under Trends
- Virginia Tech and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s total (129.5 points) eight times this season.
- This season, 12 games Boston College played finished with a combined score over 129.5 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 136.4 points per game, 6.9 points more than the total of 129.5 for this game.
- These two teams give up a combined 125.2 points per game, 4.3 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- The Hokies have seen a 133.2 average over/under in their games this season, 3.7 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 2.7 points separates the average total points bet in Eagles’ games (132.2 points) and this contest’s over/under (129.5 points).
Virginia Tech Team Leaders
- Keve Aluma: 15.4 PTS, 51 FG%, 22 3PT% (9-for-41)
- Justyn Mutts: 10.5 PTS, 7.3 REB, 1.2 STL, 55.2 FG%, 35.7 3PT% (10-for-28)
- Hunter Cattoor: 9.5 PTS, 1.2 STL, 43.3 FG%, 43.5 3PT% (37-for-85)
- Nahiem Alleyne: 10.4 PTS, 34.1 FG%, 35.3 3PT% (30-for-85)
- Storm Murphy: 8.7 PTS, 45.5 FG%, 38.7 3PT% (29-for-75)
Boston College Team Leaders
- Makai Ashton-Langford: 12.9 PTS, 1.4 STL, 44.2 FG%, 30.5 3PT% (18-for-59)
- DeMarr Langford Jr.: 10.6 PTS, 1.1 STL, 42.3 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (2-for-7)
- T.J. Bickerstaff: 8.3 PTS, 7.5 REB, 41.7 FG%, 34.8 3PT% (8-for-23)
- Jaeden Zackery: 9.9 PTS, 1.4 STL, 45.8 FG%, 51.2 3PT% (21-for-41)
- Quinten Post: 8.9 PTS, 46 FG%, 22.2 3PT% (4-for-18)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.